FreshPhone on mobile device and IP Phone

playa4life

I am currently using FreshPhone as my landline at home.
I have successfully ported my Telkom number to FreshPhone last month already.
I am using a Linksys SPA942 ( Click here for more detail ) and also have the FP app on my mobile phone (iPhone 7)

I am able to make calls from the Linksys.
I am able to make calls from within the iPhone App.

My issue is that most of the time, and this is very sporadic, calls made to my (ported) 021 and the 087 numbers, comes through to my mobile phone app.
How do I ensure that the actual Linksys VOIP phone rings first instead of my mobile phone app?

In other words: I would like to know how/if it is possible, to make the hard phone ring first (primary device) and then have my mobile app ring as a secondary, alternate, device - when the primary device isn't answered.

Also note: I use the app on my phone to make calls when I am out and about as it is much cheaper to do calls from FP than it is from Vodacom.
So I would also like to, still be able to make the calls from my FP app, but have the Linksys VOIP phone ring when incoming calls are recived.
Am I asking too much of the FP solution? :unsure:

TIA

waynehooper

As far as I am aware, you can only use Freshphone on one device. When used on more devices it will ring on the last one registered (last one used)

Reactions: smc

playa4life

As far as I am aware, you can only use Freshphone on one device. When used on more devices it will ring on the last one registered (last one used)
I cant seem to find anything concrete on their website giving assurance on this, not unique, situation.

playa4life

Thanx for your replies...
So in other word, if I want to prioritize the VOIP phone to ring each and every time then I would need to uninstall the app?
Or am I able to turn the app off and then turn it back on as and when I need it?
That way the VOIP phone is sure to ring first?

waynehooper

Thanx for your replies...
So in other word, if I want to prioritize the VOIP phone to ring each and every time then I would need to uninstall the app?
Or am I able to turn the app off and then turn it back on as and when I need it?
That way the VOIP phone is sure to ring first?
Not too sure about that. I suggest you sign up on the support site and create a support ticket. Does take them a while to get back to you though.

Otherwise try restarting the Linksys after you have been using the app, to see if that forces the registration back to the VOIP phone.

playa4life

Not too sure about that. I suggest you sign up on the support site and create a support ticket. Does take them a while to get back to you though.

Otherwise try restarting the Linksys after you have been using the app, to see if that forces the registration back to the VOIP phone.
I'll give the Linksys restart a go and also log a ticket on the FP site...

playa4life

I'll give the Linksys restart a go and also log a ticket on the FP site...
Scratch that idea.
I see my question was asked 7 days ago.

playa4life

Submitted my question on there anyway.
Here's what FrashMan had to say...

1596533056671.png

Now I need to figure out where exactly I edit the registration time on the Linksys web portal...

deweyzeph

Executive Member
If you want to get this working you need to setup a PABX system on a server and then use your Freshphone account as a SIP trunk. Each device can then register on the PABX system and you can setup whatever configuration you want, such as group hunting, etc.

playa4life

If you want to get this working you need to setup a PABX system on a server and then use your Freshphone account as a SIP trunk. Each device can then register on the PABX system and you can setup whatever configuration you want, such as group hunting, etc.
Thanx for your response.
I just need an option to enable me to make FP calls from the app and not make my iPhone the primary device which will ring when calls are made to my VOIP landline.
The solution offered by FreshMan seems to be working out for me.
As long as the VOIP phone registers itself as the master, every 2 minutes I seem to be doing fine now.
Thanx again!