Frogfoot acquires Blitz Fibre network and customer base

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Frogfoot acquires Blitz Fibre network and customer base

Frogfoot announced that it has acquired the existing network and customer base of Blitz Fibre, entering into a partnership with the company to accelerate its fibre rollout.

Blitz Fibre builds fibre infrastructure in multi-dwelling residential and business complexes, and has a presence in Gauteng, Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.

Leno

Expert Member
Lets hope this will improve things at Blitz

We signed with them in November 2018 and we are still waiting for them to finish our fibre, we were promised 6 weeks...

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Lets hope this will improve things at Blitz

We signed with them in November 2018 and we are still waiting for them to finish our fibre, we were promised 6 weeks...
Hi Leno, please inbox your details of the complex so that we can be sure to address this?

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I am on Blitz and, although the process took 10 months to complete 16 MDU's, it is running well. Never deally had a problem.

Wyndie

I applied via Home Connect for a 200/200 uncapped connection. Order went through, was approved within an hour. Debit order set up and agreed. On the website it was indicated that my order was placed with Frogfoot. I thought huh? that can't be right, as the installers of our network was Blitz. So I Googled , and to my surprise I found that Blitz has been acquired/merged? with Frogfoot.

So I waited another couple of days, hoping that someone would contact me soon to arrange for the installation of my OTN. But nope, nothing. This morning I decided to phone up Frogfoot. A very nice and knowledgeable lady informed me that I should not hold my breath, as my installation would definitely not be done soon...

She explained that due to the merger (or whatever it is), Blitz will still be doing my installation, but they do not yet have any of the Frogfoot equipment (Huh? An ONT?) She added that I will we waiting at least a month. My fiber is already installed right up to my house wall (my study). So all that would be required is to drill through the wall and lay 3m of fiber cable inside, and to connect the ONT.

From research and discussions with a few of my friends, I was told that it could take between 3 days (this was the fastest with one of my friends) and 2 weeks. This is acceptable - but longer than a month I think is not...

Is there absolutely nothing that can be done to accelerate this? If I knew this from day 1 I would not have agreed to this deal...

R4ziel

Expert Member
Frogfoot fibre is so close to my area according to their coverage map, I just wish they would expand to our area so I can have actual internet too, looks like a good sign if they are expanding and buying other companies