Dan C

Honorary Master
Yip.. Little red light on my router shinning bright.... Good times
red_light_600wide.jpg

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Up here.

Ordered a rain 5G package, worst comes to worst - I'll configure it in load-balancing mode for the 2 days of the month that Frogfoot works

Latency back up to around 40ms - NLD down again?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
@AfriNatic Any updates for us?

Your feedback is usually better than the feedback from FF themselves.

Hi,

Outage is related to a NLD failure.

Outage Status: Update

Outage title: Outage | REGIONAL | PLZ | KING WILLIAMS TOWN, EAST LONDON, MOSSEL BAY, DANABAY, OUDTSHOORN, GEORGE, GRAHAMSTOWN | DOWN
Service Type: FTTB | FTTH
Outage ref (solid): FRG1651182
Impact start time: 2021-11-20 17:43:00
Impact: Down

Outage Update

2021-11-20

-- Logged to Vendor
-- Vendor requested dispatch, awaiting ETA.
-- Frogfoot technician being dispatched to assist in mitigation. ETA 20 min

Up here.

Ordered a rain 5G package, worst comes to worst - I'll configure it in load-balancing mode for the 2 days of the month that Forefoot works
Please let me know how the 5G goes. Im ready to jump ship.
For somereason even my Vodascum is running at max 5Mbps full LTE signal.

I recokon they should force the frogfoot CEO to work VPN based on a PE FF link for a week just to feel our pain, I mean if you cant sort your **** out ask the gov to get some Cubans to help FFS.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I'll keep everyone posted. Rain claims that we have 5G at our address, so I went for the 25mbps package as we don't consume much anyway and it's just for basic connectivity. Should be here hopefully before the end of the week next Frogfoot outage.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
i mean even on 4G+ on MTN i get about 120 down...crazy good
That's very good. My gripe with MTN is that around here, their towers seem to run off a FF primary backhaul, and we all know how reliable that is lately...

Retro1337

That's very good. My gripe with MTN is that around here, their towers seem to run off a FF primary backhaul, and we all know how reliable that is lately...
1637433195681.png

look i mean...im running FF 100mbps main link with MTN failover...and ive had no issues :ROFL: even when FF been down