robass

I decided to pay the premium and get Openserve over Frogfoot having heard of all of the outages in PE. Must say that I'm happy I did. Service has been pretty great honestly
Wish we could in Lorraine Kamma Heights area. We are unfortunately stuck with Frogfoot

PhireSide

Honorary Master
More incoming maintenance that could possibly affect us, starting at 08:00 today and another scheduled for tomorrow

Screenshot_20211123-063752_Brave_1.png

Screenshot_20211123-063801_Brave_1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-063752_Brave_1.png
    Screenshot_20211123-063752_Brave_1.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 10

PhireSide

Honorary Master
...also the change is for 9 hours, but they expect up to 60 minutes downtime. Is this per region? Or across all regions?
Openserve still don't show as active in my suburb. Pity...I need to turf the current setup.
Your guess is as good as mine. I'll be watching the smokeping graphs with anticipation, but here's hoping that we don't have any major downtime even though we are probably so accustomed to it by now

Leno

Expert Member
Quite interesting watching the DFA guys move their manhole here for road widening road works, must be quite a job. There was also trunking in the middle of where the gravel is now, those were moved first last week.
Hope they left a lot of slack on those lines, there is quite a fair amount curled up inside that manhole

AFAIK our node here uses this backhaul (white box is Frogfoot)

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 10.14.50.png

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Sigh. They are our only other option. I'm having a horrid time with Telkom right now (sitting with 940kbps down rn), but don't want to jump ship to even more trouble.

Thanks for responding, appreciated
QFT. I should have stayed with Telkom.

IceQB

Expert Member
Quite interesting watching the DFA guys move their manhole here for road widening road works, must be quite a job. There was also trunking in the middle of where the gravel is now, those were moved first last week.
Hope they left a lot of slack on those lines, there is quite a fair amount curled up inside that manhole

View attachment 1199226
Which side is DFA busy

JohnStarr

Executive Member

View attachment 1199226
They're widening Marine Drive for the taxis, right? I mean they don't mind overtaking into oncoming traffic.

That's quite an operation they have going there though.

IceQB

Expert Member
I'm sure DFA was pissed off about that.
Planning by municipality also up to crap

veethree

Well, Rain has delivered my 5G sim and router. Currently getting these speeds, though I only signed up for the basic package. Upload speeds could be an issue. What I'm really interested in is the stability, of course. Will leave my work PC connected to it for a week and see how it goes. Screenshot_20211123-122155_Speedtest.jpg

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Well, Rain has delivered my 5G sim and router. Currently getting these speeds, though I only signed up for the basic package. Upload speeds could be an issue. What I'm really interested in is the stability, of course. Will leave my work PC connected to it for a week and see how it goes. View attachment 1199346
That was quick! RAM left my place about 20 minutes ago, so I am just waiting for the SIM to RICA and then I'll see what the connection looks like. Hopefully, good enough as a backup link and if speeds are decent, to aggregate along with my primary connection for some slightly faster speeds.