IceQB

Expert Member
They should get there bandwidth allocations right, would rather have a stable 50/50 than 200/1

PhireSide

Honorary Master
1637665477303.png

Mine seems fine going via Rain, maybe check with Rain Support to see if they didn't put you on the incorrect package @veethree

JohnStarr

Executive Member
T
Well, Rain has delivered my 5G sim and router. Currently getting these speeds, though I only signed up for the basic package. Upload speeds could be an issue. What I'm really interested in is the stability, of course. Will leave my work PC connected to it for a week and see how it goes. View attachment 1199346
Hat ping is good enough for local gaming!

Leno

Expert Member
They should get there bandwidth allocations right, would rather have a stable 50/50 than 200/1
Low upload is normally weak signal, the modem doesnt have the same strength and size antenna etc

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Seems we have had seven dips since I set up the watchdog at around 14H00 today:

1637692669505.png

eth1 is rain, pppoe0 is Mweb via Frogfoot. I've set it up so that it sends 5 ICMP packets every 20 seconds to 8.8.8.8 over both interfaces, and if 5 packets fail within that time, it should shut the connection and fail the traffic over to the more stable connection. If both respond well, it works in a load-balanced mode.

NoobDoeGaming

Good day, Thank you for your post. Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We will update you when we have more news. We unfortunately, do not have an ETA yet. However, latest update: IP Core is attending to the fault
Just know I'll ve claiming back my money because this has been down since Friday

NoobDoeGaming

My 8Mbps Telkom ADSL line (Webafrica provided me with data) was rock solid too. Went down maybe 8x in 9 years. I did that inside 3 days last year with @Frogfoot Fibre . I've honestly lost count the number of times I've had to restart the WiFi router as it no longer has an Internet connection in spite of there being green lights on the ONT. Or had to restart the ONT because there is no Internet connection. Doing so sees the line coming back up.
It's like a glitch in the system that never seems to fix itself and needs manual action.
Same here.Thought my telkom 10mb line was crap.

NoobDoeGaming

That is precisely the issue. The only way I can think of getting around this is to get your neighbours to show an interest in another FNO pulling fibre to offer some offer.
I'll be contacting Openserve this week. Frogfoot can take a hike.

This network going down is an absolute joke. They've done nothing in an 18 month period in PLZ!
I'll join open serve. In Broadwood/Charlo

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I see the maintenance that started at 08H00 this morning is still showing as 'in progress' on the Frogfoot site.

Also, our next scheduled maintenance slot is tomorrow at 08H00, for a duration of 9 hours and 40 - 60 minutes of possible downtime.

Let's hope they run off without a hitch:popcorn:

barrytemp

That doesn't sound right.

Can I assist with logging a fault for you?
Thanks for your reply.
Now it seems fine again.
When do customers start getting some sort of reliability or serious discount so we can offer the cost of backup LTE.
Backing up fibre with LTE, who would have thought

barrytemp

Thanks for your reply.
Now it seems fine again.
When do customers start getting some sort of reliability or serious discount so we can offer the cost of backup LTE.
Backing up fibre with LTE, who would have thought
Case in point, trying to look at the weather on "the weather Channel" and "YR".
Frog Foot/Afrihost can't resolve after 30 seconds.
On Telkom SIM, resolved in less than 0.5 seconds.
Telkom SIM better than fibre, how insulting

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Just know I'll ve claiming back my money because this has been down since Friday
Home fibre is best effort. They could literally take a week to fix your issue. I doubt there's anything in the contract that says they will pay you back as there is no SLA with you, the homeowner, like they have with a business.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I see the maintenance that started at 08H00 this morning is still showing as 'in progress' on the Frogfoot site.

Also, our next scheduled maintenance slot is tomorrow at 08H00, for a duration of 9 hours and 40 - 60 minutes of possible downtime.

Let's hope they run off without a hitch:popcorn:
This company is an outright joke. HelloPeter should be flooded with complaints.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
This company is an outright joke. HelloPeter should be flooded with complaints.
I think the average rating for FF on HP is around 1.8 the last time I checked. Granted, people rarely go to HP to praise companies, but this should give an idea of what to expect from them.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
It seems like there are these transient mini-drops every now and again, that are small enough for Smokeping to not detect it. We have had 13 drops in the last ~19 hours on FTTH, and 0 on 5G (the 1 route drop under eth1 was a simulated one I did while I was testing the failover).

1637741623102.png