Jason-ZA

Smokeping, running inside a Docker container. I think @Leno and @Jason-ZA run something similar as it's pretty easy to setup and manage.

Yep, also using smokeping (mine is not in a docker container though, just installed it directly with sudo apt-get install smokeping).
I'm also running Cacti to monitor the bandwidth usage on my PPPoE interface.
So I have 2 types of graphs, ping graphs (showing packetloss) and a bandwidth utilization graph.

eg)
SmokePing
1647165517421.png

Cacti (SNMP monitoring)
1647165543436.png

PhireSide

Honorary Master
What is Cacti running on, @Jason-ZA ? I should set that up, it looks pretty cool. I have a Tik that I am using, which does rudimentary monitoring but I don't save to disk to save writes to the NAND, so I have no historical charts.

Jason-ZA

What is Cacti running on, @Jason-ZA ? I should set that up, it looks pretty cool. I have a Tik that I am using, which does rudimentary monitoring but I don't save to disk to save writes to the NAND, so I have no historical charts.

Yep, its the exact same situation as me, didnt have enough storage on my Mikrotik for the graph history.
It also keeps my bandwidth usage graphs all in one place, as I have graphs to monitor usage of all my WiFi APs, and also my rain and MTN backup links.

I am running it on a Raspberry Pi 4, but it can run on pretty much anything that runs linux.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Yep, its the exact same situation as me, didnt have enough storage on my Mikrotik for the graph history.
It also keeps my bandwidth usage graphs all in one place, as I have graphs to monitor usage of all my WiFi APs, and also my rain and MTN backup links.

I am running it on a Raspberry Pi 4, but it can run on pretty much anything that runs linux.
Thank you, I have a Pi doing Pi-Hole duties but run my main stuff off my NAS running OMV - think I will have a look at this today, thanks!

Groggyme

This weekend has been terrible for streaming. Been impossible to watch the 6 nations. Always during peak times. Even now the connection is terrible. Download sucks as well. Maybe I should move to cool ideas lol

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Has anyone tried to see if Cloudflare Warp solves the issue of the packet loss? I think a few years ago @cavedog wrote a guide on how to install it on a PC. I know it's a short in the dark, but perhaps there is a way to route traffic over a more stable path seeing as Cool Ideas clients seem minimally impacted.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Has anyone tried to see if Cloudflare Warp solves the issue of the packet loss? I think a few years ago @cavedog wrote a guide on how to install it on a PC. I know it's a short in the dark, but perhaps there is a way to route traffic over a more stable path seeing as Cool Ideas clients seem minimally impacted.
Doubt that could work..

Cool ideas probably uses different routes?? :unsure: