PhireSide

Honorary Master
Still up in Westering, but it seems like whatever this issue is, it's spreading...

veethree

I'm still down! All I get from support is a canned response about Frogfoot problems in the Eastern Cape. How do I check if it's with me and not a widespread problem? Presuming it shouldn't be a widespread problem otherwise others would be down too.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I'm still down! All I get from support is a canned response about Frogfoot problems in the Eastern Cape. How do I check if it's with me and not a widespread problem? Presuming it shouldn't be a widespread problem otherwise others would be down too.
Any neighbours with issues? Local municipal group? Do you have any red light on your ONT?

PhireSide

Honorary Master
My ONT is fine, all four green lights, checking with the neighbours is a good idea.
If all lights are on and your PPPoE connection is being established, it might be a good idea to check if you can ping an internet DNS address to eliminate DNS resolution as a possible issue

veethree

If all lights are on and your PPPoE connection is being established, it might be a good idea to check if you can ping an internet DNS address to eliminate DNS resolution as a possible issue
Let me try that. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Nope, request timed out. Neighbours don't have fibre because they got so frustrated with all the issues!

Last edited:

OhYeah84

Expert Member
My speed on Vox and UselessFoot has been highly erratic. Streaming at night is just fine. Working from home is just fine. Hell, streaming webinars during the day is just fine.
Come download Halo: The Master Chief Edition, and I was getting 1.8-2.4Mbps on a 50MB fibre line. I stopped the download last night with 24GB left as it was just slow.
Started it up this morning around 6:30AM and by 7:30AM it had finished that final 24GB download.

Erratic as erratic comes. No explanations really!

OhYeah84

Expert Member
I never plugged the ONT in correctly and the line never came up. Pushed the power plug in properly and all good since 8AM.