Ah well I've woken up this morning will absolutely no internet at all. Newton Park.

It was perfect when I went to bed but now there's absolutely nothing. I don't understand

Last edited:
Morning

We are in a troubleshooting session with Frogfoot tier engineers actively troubleshooting the issue.

Why do all lights, including "internet" remain green on ONT, when a failure like this?

It led me to believe the red light on the Deco must mean the Deco was playing up.

Was only when I connected laptop directly to ONT and it still couldn't connect, there's more to all this - but again, why is everything still green on ONT if a fault at the FNO ?

Morning

We are in a troubleshooting session with Frogfoot tier engineers actively troubleshooting the issue.
Can we please get a proper technical explanation for why the last month all Eastern Cape and Garden Route Frogfoot services have been pathetically unstable.

Unless their network is in a seriously bad state, these cannot be isolated incidents!

Connection back up, but traffic going to or via JHB it seems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-06-59-27-845_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-06-59-27-845_com.brave.browser.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-06-58-12-515_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-06-58-12-515_com.brave.browser.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10
Why do all lights, including "internet" remain green on ONT, when a failure like this?

It led me to believe the red light on the Deco must mean the Deco was playing up.

Was only when I connected laptop directly to ONT and it still couldn't connect, there's more to all this - but again, why is everything still green on ONT if a fault at the FNO ?
I've been getting exactly the same - all lights on the ONT are green, even the router indicates that the internet connection is up, but there is no data throughput.

Reactions: BCR
Can we please get a proper technical explanation for why the last month all Eastern Cape and Garden Route Frogfoot services have been pathetically unstable.

Unless their network is in a seriously bad state, these cannot be isolated incidents!
There have been hardware changes.
We apologise for the inconvenience experienced during this period.

Attachments

• imgpsh_fullsize_anim.png
    imgpsh_fullsize_anim.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 28
Does anybody know if the FF fibre to home uses the same infrastructure as their enterprise offering (proper 4 hour SLA etc)? We are putting in some redundant links and FF is one of the bidders.

Does anybody know if the FF fibre to home uses the same infrastructure as their enterprise offering (proper 4 hour SLA etc)? We are putting in some redundant links and FF is one of the bidders.

I don't know about Enterprise, but my FTTB Frogfoot clients are all offline exactly the same as FTTH. No difference in reliability at double the price.

Because everything is up between you and the ISP, the broadband, the service, the pppoe session, the uplink, the tunnel (or whatever fancy words they use) but there is something else wrong. Compare it to the old days where you would establish a connection via dialup, but no data could flow if the ISP you connected to had serious issues eg. if they had unplugged their upstream connection.

Those fancy lights are not set up to detect a DNS issue, upstream issue or a random core network gear issue.

So threw my toys last night, and got a call a few minutes ago from Frogfoot. Afrihost probs too scared to call me.
Seems like a BGP Router or similar died and took a few thousand customers with it. Throughput is new where it should be within error of margin and latency down to sub 20ms. Netflix also not complaining now.
I will see what happens here from 11pm to 2am, as that seems to be when the "F U N" starts.

So threw my toys last night, and got a call a few minutes ago from Frogfoot. Afrihost probs too scared to call me.
Seems like a BGP Router or similar died and took a few thousand customers with it. Throughput is new where it should be within error of margin and latency down to sub 20ms. Netflix also not complaining now.
I will see what happens here from 11pm to 2am, as that seems to be when the "F U N" starts.
This is great news.. I can also say I am receiving full speed on my line tonight. 240down and 120up. This feels like a win for me.

I am more interested in how you threw your toys out last night? We also want to know how you got in contact with Frogfoot :)

Well only frogfoot can really explain what happened as it is their infrastructure :unsure:

Well only frogfoot can really explain what happened as it is their infrastructure :unsure:
ISPs will do their best to protect the relationship they have with the Fibre Network Providers. But FNOs don't hesitate to throw the ISP under the bus and make it look like it's just the ISPs fault.

Back