Frogfoot to double fibre line speed for a limited time

Mier

Expert Member
Thanks Frogfoot !

Just got an e-mail that Frogfoot will automatically double fibre line speeds on 1 April through to 30 June.

1585056217822.png

Mier

Expert Member
It helps (a little) to make up for the e-mail I got on Friday. Webafrica is increasing my fibre price by R50pm due to price increase from Frogfoot...

Wasabee!

Executive Member
It helps (a little) to make up for the e-mail I got on Friday. Webafrica is increasing my fibre price by R50pm due to price increase from Frogfoot...
It's not nice but highlights the increased cost of doing business in SA: load shedding, power costs, labour costs, fuel costs, higher exchange rate for material, vandalism etc.

All the FNOs have the same challenge, best to compare with other FNOs as well as they all feel the market pressure.

Mier

Expert Member
It's not nice but highlights the increased cost of doing business in SA: load shedding, power costs, labour costs, fuel costs, higher exchange rate for material, vandalism etc.

All the FNOs have the same challenge, best to compare with other FNOs as well as they all feel the market pressure.
I'm aware other fibre networks had to do the same. I only frowned because my fibre was only installed in February and hardly a month later the cost goes up.

HeroNextDoor

My friends connection is literally dead from 6pm -10pm 10:01pm full speed
Had the same issue a while back. My Gbit line would drop to around 2-15Mbit/s

Still no word from FF. Expecting it to happen again soon, sooner now with this announcement :rolleyes:

Strobemeister

Expert Member
I have a 20mb FF line from Frogfoot via Afrihost in Gordons Bay. The doubling of speed - my case 20mb to 50mb is most welcome, though we have had a notification that FF will be upping their fees, and eventually Afrihost will pass that on to the customer - they have deferred it for a few months - Thanks :)
However, I have to say that as of about a month ago, i have been experiencing latency/close to zero speed on fairly regular intervals on my line, something I never had initially - think i switched from ADSL to Fibre around September last year. I hope this trend is just a fibre 'teething' type of thing, and that it comes to an end soon. So far, I have to say that my ADSL connection, while slower - 10mb line, wins for stability over a period.

Mier

Expert Member
Anyone noticed an upgrade? Mine is still unchanged, but I haven't rebooted the router and ONT yet.

zaphod

My speed is also still the same. Maybe it was an April's fools joke that we will get the speed upgrade. :-(

MEIOT

Expert Member
Apparently the changes are being rolled out and will take some time.

Everybody needs to calm their tits - pointless getting all worked up over this.

Last edited:

Morph69

ye im still sitting on 500 though, rebooted my fiber box and router and still no upgrade. i thought they were doing it form midnight but now 9hrs later still the same.

I even got an sms from afrohost but no change yet.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/d/0372b9b3-e91d-4c53-b1a3-0ccfe7aa28ec.png

i checked my afrihost settings and apparently, not that im complaining but its only dl thats upgraded not both.. i guess its cool but its still not relfecting. all speedtests say the same. still 500!

Last edited:

Digitaluser

Well I checked at 7:00 this morning and found 50 megs speed from previous 20 megs without re-booting