Frogfoot to double fibre line speed for a limited time

Script

No speed increase yet, checked now and still on the same speed.

Morph69

i just checked now as i saw the sms details were as follows:
https://www.afrihost.com/site/newsr...relief?utm_source=fibre-relief&utm_medium=sms

When will my line speed be upgraded?

Fibre line speed upgrades will automatically start on 01 April 2020. Please note that it may take some time for the upgrades to be completed and you may not see the upgraded speeds right away. In most cases upgrades will start with smaller packages and then move to the larger packages. All upgrades will be completed by 03 April 2020.

mine still on 500 - however im not sure if any sa networks support a 1 000 gb/bit speedtest as thats how im telling if its been upgraded. clear access is the only one that can peak mine giving at least 500

Morph69

still no update... still same and its now the 3rd - apparently we get an sms confirming the upgrade has been done..

Last edited:

Morph69

a-holes just changed the info!!!

im so gflad i have my post from before showing the 3rd!!
now saying up to the 7th!!!!

Here's hoping that the speedtest here can support 1gb/sec

Ping: 1ms
Download: 493.5Mbps
Upload: 491.43Mbps

When will my line speed be upgraded?

Fibre line speed upgrades will automatically start on 01 April 2020. Please note that it may take some time for the upgrades to be completed and you may not see the upgraded speeds right away. In most cases upgrades will start with smaller packages and then move to the larger packages. All upgrades will be completed by 07 April 2020.

https://www.afrihost.com/site/newsr...relief?utm_source=fibre-relief&utm_medium=sms

Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Pffft, what a bunch of amateurs. If they wanted to upgrade people on the 1st then they need to have start on the 23rd.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Is it just me or does it seem rather odd bashing FNO's for an understandable delay in providing a FREE upgrade. Seems so counter-intuitive. It's free after all. Folks are losing all sense of reality during this lockdown it would seem.

Hang in there - it will happen. Senseless getting all riled up because your 500Mb speeds haven't doubled. :ROFL:

rph72

Executive Member
Pffft, what a bunch of amateurs. If they wanted to upgrade people on the 1st then they need to have start on the 23rd.
They will be doing that in June to downgrade everybody. By 1st July everyone will be back on their regular speed.

Last edited:

Morph69

I get that its free but dont promise something and not give it in due course.. its like metro fail, they change their times when thre train is expected so its never late... have a look next time you travel..

anywho, enough bitching from me, nice details below..

*update*

Frogfoot said it started its line speed upgrades on 29 March and as of midday on 2 April, close to 70% of the links had received their increases.

The operator said delays occurred because of complications such as CPEs being down due to power issues, but it was working through the problems.

Another issue was the fact that the upgraded lines would be available to new sign-ups during the promotional period, which meant an entirely new product had to be created.

“All these migrations are automatically re-configured via our auto-provisioning,” the company said.

Frogfoot told MyBroadband it aimed to have line speed upgrades completed by 6 April.

“This is a free initiative to customers that we think we have decided upon and implemented in record time,” the company said.

“It was our intention to get this live by 1 April, but we have run into some practical issues that have made the process more complicated than expected. We are committed to give all customers their Double Up speeds as soon as possible,” it said.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/fibre/346099-free-fibre-speed-upgrades-when-to-expect-yours.html

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Same.

1586107545164.png

Look I know this is free and all, still I'm paying a grand a month here so I feel it is reasonable.

Dammit I feel for the morons that have double digit speeds. Godspeed to ya'all.

Goobie

Expert Member
Finally got mine this morning. Frogfoot, Home Connect, 200/200 now at 480/380

Napalm

Expert Member
You all know this is a marketing ploy. No such thing as freebie upgrades.

In July , when they rip the cord and downgrade everyone back to being turtles...

They know people are going to call them, as you get used to that speed. Who wants a downgrade, no one...

It's like getting a Mercedes for 2 months and going back to an city golf. ( you miss the perks and luxurys"

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
You all know this is a marketing ploy. No such thing as freebie upgrades.

In July , when they rip the cord and downgrade everyone back to being turtles...

They know people are going to call them, as you get used to that speed. Who wants a downgrade, no one...

It's like getting a Mercedes for 2 months and going back to an city golf. ( you miss the perks and luxurys"
I have 100/100 - based on having a full house (probably 15-20 concurrent devices - phones, laptops, desktops, media players, smart tv) for the past 10 days I can honestly say that I don't think I need more than that.

Will see if I feel the same after experiencing 200 for a couple of months