From bachelor of commerce to bachelor of science (Physiotherapy)

Ramie M

Hello.

I am currently doing my final year in BCOM supply chain management (i have an excellent academic record with this) but I've always wanted to do physiotherapy. My challenge has been that my marks in matric (2016) were not so good even though I passed with a bachelors pass; and to make it worse, I didn't have physical sciences but I did however have mathematics and life sciences.

Therefore, my question is that will it even be possible for me to study bsc physiotherapy after I've completed my BCOM even though I do not qualify with my matric marks and how can I achieve that? I mean what are the chances of a university considering me?

Thank you

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Hello.

I am currently doing my final year in BCOM supply chain management (i have an excellent academic record with this) but I've always wanted to do physiotherapy. My challenge has been that my marks in matric (2016) were not so good even though I passed with a bachelors pass; and to make it worse, I didn't have physical sciences but I did however have mathematics and life sciences.

Therefore, my question is that will it even be possible for me to study bsc physiotherapy after I've completed my BCOM even though I do not qualify with my matric marks and how can I achieve that? I mean what are the chances of a university considering me?

Thank you
Find out from the Uni that you want to attend. They often have a sort of "extended" program where they give you extra subjects to get you up to speed, but the degree takes a year longer.

IIRC Physiotherapy is quite a tough course to get into, so you might have to do a general Bsc with the same initial subjects, then switch over later.