• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

from IBURST to AFRIHOST HELL!

chimera012

So this goes out to all the ex Iburst subscribers who migrated from the Iburst to Afrihost when they closed.

Iburst never made it clear to anyone nor in the contract that it would be Afrihost taking over all the iburst customers.They didnt mention any comany other than it willbe on the Rain LTE network...The migration deal we signed for included a migration special . R599 for 100 gbs cap and top ups of R6 per gb and the contract was signed through Iburst.

after just 1 week of afrihost taking over they now want to bill be R799 for 85gbs and are charging R10 per gb topup.
funny thing is the contract was signed for the migration deal was from Iburst,iv never signed any paper work of afrihost...so legally there should be nothing binding me to them so i can walk away?

After calling Afrihost to complain i got sworn at by the supervisor because they know they are now cheating all the customers they took from Iburst and are doing so illegally.

i tried to warn all iburst subscribers on the afrihost page that they are about to be ripped off and the contract broken yet afrihoist blocks me from their page and deleted all my comments.

useless snakes that company. as far as i know the contract was signed for iburst.nothing for afrihost so f&%k em i will reverse all debt orders and will go to the CPA about those *******s/

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate3268

So this goes out to all the ex Iburst subscribers who migrated from the Iburst to Afrihost when they closed.

Iburst never made it clear to anyone nor in the contract that it would be Afrihost taking over all the iburst customers.They didnt mention any comany other than it willbe on the Rain LTE network...The migration deal we signed for included a migration special . R599 for 100 gbs cap and top ups of R6 per gb and the contract was signed through Iburst.

after just 1 week of afrihost taking over they now want to bill be R799 for 85gbs and are charging R10 per gb topup.
funny thing is the contract was signed for the migration deal was from Iburst,iv never signed any paper work of afrihost...so legally there should be nothing binding me to them so i can walk away?

After calling Afrihost to complain i got sworn at by Samantha from afrihost the supervisor because they know they are now cheating all the customers they took from Iburst and are doing so illegally.

i tried to warn all iburst subscribers on the afrihost page that they are about to be ripped off and the contract broken yet afrihoist blocks me from their page and deleted all my comments.

useless snakes that company. as far as i know the contract was signed for iburst.nothing for afrihost so f&%k em i will reverse all debt orders and will go to the CPA about those *******s/
Afrihost getting bad to worse everyday.

beans100

Executive Member

Expect this to happen on here, too

LOTR

After calling Afrihost to complain i got sworn at by Samantha from afrihost the supervisor because they know they are now cheating all the customers they took from Iburst and are doing so illegally.

My experiences -

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/949625-i-Burst-Early-Connect-migration-to-Afrihost

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/941181-Early-Connect-Customers-Changes

End of the month I'm done with AH.

ginggs

Super Grandwizard
Super Moderator
I'm so glad Rain didn't bother to reply to me about the iBurst Early Connect thing.

dotdan

I cancelled with them on Monday.. The feeling was like finally taking a shyte after a week off not being able to.

LOTR

I'm so glad Rain didn't bother to reply to me about the iBurst Early Connect thing.
No issue with iBurst/Rain for the 10 months that I was active on the package. Was a great package at an even better rate. The migration is what blew my fuse. Get given a completely different package without notification, and AH are not prepared to resolve such.

chimera012

i cant even get onto clientzone to cancel because they didnt bother to send my customer details.i have emailed them now telling them that i am not bound by any contract with them and they will cancel my service today or i will take legal action.les see if they have the balls to admit their fault

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Is there a way to filter the Afrihost subforum from the main forum results? Complaints complaints complaints.

Napalm

Expert Member
yeah, dealing with Afrihost is not a good experience. I tried cancelling (they say I have to pay .. my last date will only be 31 May 2018)

All of this because their packages sux.. R10 per gig

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

After calling Afrihost to complain i got sworn at by **** from afrihost the supervisor because they know they are now cheating all the customers they took from Iburst and are doing so illegally.

It sounds like you may have been migrated onto the incorrect product. As far as I understand how the migration should have worked, you should have been moved over on the same price, on a special 100GB product that we created (we currently offer 85GB or 120GB).

Can you please PM me the account details so I can check what went wrong here?

Last edited:

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
yeah, dealing with Afrihost is not a good experience. I tried cancelling (they say I have to pay .. my last date will only be 31 May 2018)

All of this because their packages sux.. R10 per gig
I'm really sorry we haven't delighted you here. Unfortunately, we can't offer a special top up rate at this stage, but your base package should be similar to what you were on before. Could you please PM so I can take a look at what you were on and what you were migrated to?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I cancelled with them on Monday.. The feeling was like finally taking a shyte after a week off not being able to.
I'm sorry to hear that you've cancelled with us. It definitely sounds like we didn't get it right in your case. Could you please PM with what package you were on and what you were migrated onto? :(

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
No issue with iBurst/Rain for the 10 months that I was active on the package. Was a great package at an even better rate. The migration is what blew my fuse. Get given a completely different package without notification, and AH are not prepared to resolve such.
We're definitely prepared to do the best we can to resolve. We've chatted a bit in another thread, and I have your ticket reference, so I am looking into everything we've discussed. Totally understand your frustration.

chimera012

It sounds like you may have been migrated onto the incorrect product. As far as I understand how the migration should have worked, you should have been moved over on the same price, on a special 100GB product that we created (we currently offer 85GB or 120GB).

Can you please PM me the account details so I can check what went wrong here?
yes i was migrated to the incorrect package.my issue is that the contract i signed is for R599 for 100 gbs. and then Samantha tells me " ya well thats was iburst prices you must now pay the R799 for 85gbs". sorry but hell no.!the contract said R599 for 100gbs.end of story!

i have contacted Rain and they also agree that AFrihost are trying to cheat me here.

on your website (afrihost)it even says

"Good day and welcome to Afrihost,

Here are some things you need to be aware of if you were an iBurst RAIN client that has been migrated over to Afrihost:-

All iBurst clients will continue to pay Afrihost the same monthly rate that they previously paid iBurst/RAIN."

so tell me does contracts not mean anything to your company? does customers not matter? i mean getting sworn at by Samantha and then her hanging up the phone after i told her your company are in the wrong here.

Last edited:

naeem

heh

another day another Afrihost horror story.

Could it really be that they've sunk lower then Telkom?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
yes i was migrated to the incorrect package.my issue is that the contract i signed is for R599 for 100 gbs. and then **** tells me " ya well thats was iburst prices you must now pay the R799 for 85gbs". sorry but hell no.!the contract said R599 for 100gbs.end of story!

i have contacted Rain and they also agree that AFrihost are trying to cheat me here.

on your website (afrihost)it even says

"Good day and welcome to Afrihost,

Here are some things you need to be aware of if you were an iBurst RAIN client that has been migrated over to Afrihost:-

All iBurst clients will continue to pay Afrihost the same monthly rate that they previously paid iBurst/RAIN."

so tell me does contracts not mean anything to your company? does customers not matter? i mean getting sworn at by **** and then her hanging up the phone after i told her your company are in the wrong here.
I'm pretty surprised that you say one of our staff swore at you. That is a pretty serious allegation and we definitely need to investigate. Knowing the staff member in person, I'm extremely surprised becuase she is generally great with clients.

In order to take things further, I'll have to get your account details. Firstly, so we can trace your package and find out what the migration should have yielded and what went wrong, and then secondly to trace the call and investigate the verbal abuse you suffered. We take that very seriously. We don't allow clients to swear at our staff, so it's only fair that our staff should NEVER swear, be rude or even sarcastic to a client. Please PM me and I will take it forward.

j4ck455

Expert Member
Afrihost's behaviour with regards to promotional deals is highly questionable.

I used to be a loyal Afrihost ADSL customer even after I got Vumatel FTTH with WebAfrica (Afrihost only launched their Vumatel FTTH product about 2 weeks after I had already signed up with WebAfrica), and when I cancelled FTTH with WebAfrica, Afrihost was running an FTTH "Connect and Save Promotional Offer" which was supposed to cover migration costs up to R4000.

I applied for that Afrihost promotional FTTH migration and sent WebAfrica's "clawback" invoices to Afrihost to be reimbursed as migration costs.

After hearing nothing from Afrihost and the new service application was in limbo for quite a while, I submitted a support request to enquire about when Afrihost would be reimbursing me for the migration costs under the terms of the promotional offer, I received the following response:

Alex K said:
Afrihost does not cover migration costs.
My response was to cancel the FTTH migration application with Afrihost, and instead migrated to Cool Ideas, and when that was done I cancelled ADSL with Afrihost.

Afrihost is still advertising that same migration promotional offer, so beware if you expect Afrihost to act honourably:

https://www.afrihost.com/fibre/#fibre-promotion

f10dea97c49ce46228e68a940ef010434b51ff76e5c60b16bfc618410a9fd0c5.jpg