Fry's Meat Free Products

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Please explain how you can call a "traditional burger" meat free? Like calling a traditional Capt. Morgan's alcohol free.

Veggies get your own names for things. Stop trying to show how much you "hate" meat by trying to make products that taste like meat. You don't see us normal people trying to make a brussel sprout taste like a nice, fatty, juicy, slightly crispy piece of beautiful bacon.

Stevi

Expert Member
Please explain how you can call a "traditional burger" meat free? Like calling a traditional Capt. Morgan's alcohol free.

Veggies get your own names for things. Stop trying to show how much you "hate" meat by trying to make products that taste like meat. You don't see us normal people trying to make a brussel sprout taste like a nice, fatty, juicy, slightly crispy piece of beautiful bacon.
You do realise many vegetarians/vegans like the taste of meat, they just do not eat it due to their principles.

If they have found a way to still get to the taste of something they like without having any animal product in it then good for them.

saor

Honorary Master

This is the food section. Nobody cares about this stupid debate. Go live in a cave if words and what people call things are so precious to you.

theratman

Honorary Master

Jog on.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
This is the food section. Nobody cares about this stupid debate. Go live in a cave if words and what people call things are so precious to you.
How can you call a meat free product a tradition burger.
Do you call JC leRoux champagne?
Next you will be telling us polony is Parma Ham.

Yes this is a food section. All the more reason to have things described correctly. As for my "debate" (obviously referring to my second paragraph), you obviously can't understand comedic satire.

saor

Honorary Master
How can you call a meat free product a tradition burger.
Do you call JC leRoux champagne?
Next you will be telling us polony is Parma Ham.

Yes this is a food section. All the more reason to have things described correctly. As for my "debate" (obviously referring to my second paragraph), you obviously can't understand comedic satire.
Because if you decided to start a company that made meat-based imitations of vegetables, nobody would care if you called it Meatmakes - Traditional Brussel Sprouts. Everyone would know exactly what you mean by naming the product that. I could open the freezer at the store, see it for the first time and understand what you were selling without you having to try and introduce new terms.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Because if you decided to start a company that made meat-based imitations of vegetables, nobody would care if you called it Meatmakes - Traditional Brussel Sprouts. Everyone would know exactly what you mean by naming the product that. I could open the freezer at the store, see it for the first time and understand what you were selling without you having to try and introduce new terms.
I would call it it Meat Based Cultural Burgers.

grok

Honorary Master
Hey all you non-meat eaters!! Stop appropriating our meat-eating tastes.

I reckon it's a bit like blackface, only we should have the honor to savor the umami taste of real meat.

If you're so convinced that eating plants is the way to go, then please go ahead and revel in their crunchy goodness & green/grassy taste.

Just bloody well stop appropriating our food's look & feel, mkay.. :mad:

neoprema

Executive Member
I had a Beyond Burger the other day.

i then 3D printed a burger on my 3D Printer out of plastic.

The printed one was cheaper, and they both tasted exactly the same.... I'll stick to my beef thank you :)

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

The printed one was cheaper, and they both tasted exactly the same.... I'll stick to my beef thank you :)
Strange I had one with fake cheese and the whole experience was close to having a beef burger. Prefer a McD's veggie burger though since it tastes great and isn't so expensive.

azbob

Honorary Master

Ridiculous, Beyond Burgers are pretty good. You probably sanitized yours.

neoprema

Executive Member
Strange I had one with fake cheese and the whole experience was close to having a beef burger. Prefer a McD's veggie burger though since it tastes great and isn't so expensive.
I've had very nice veggie burgers at various restaurants. Beyond didn't do it though.