FTTH in Durban Westville/Pinetown area

JimboJambo

My home is currently 100m from a live fiber street and is in the area marked as "planned".
I just want to know if anyone knows how to find out the ETA of the planned areas as the adsl exchange in this area can only go up to 2meg (kill me now pls :crying:). I'm also sitting in a dead zone for LTE-A packages and was really banking on getting a month to month LTE contract until fiber hits the area but now I don't know what to do.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
My house is marked in an "up to 4 meg" area but I've had a 10 meg line for maybe about 3 - 4 years. My line quality is also good, i get a stable sync of 12megs. I dont think you can trust that website. A tech might have to come to your place and physically see what line speed your exchange can handle

JimboJambo

yeah my last home was also registered as 10meg and we synced in at 12meg. was nice to actually have a stable service for once. its been 10 days now and all they can tell me is that they are "testing" the line before they can activate it. funny thing is I lived in this exact house 3 years ago so I know for a fact that its just a matter of flipping a switch and our line will be activated. My home is in a dead zone on rains LTE coverage map but i have full 4g coverage in my home. should I just bite the bullet and order an LTE setup? :confused: