Full access to Linux Ext2 volumes from Windows

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Yeah, being using it for a while. problem is Ubuntu realizes that Windows touched it, and checks itself for STDs and other Windows corruptions to see if MS didnt break its fs.

Tux

Software Communist
Oh!!!! Let me install windows to test it!!

Or not...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Yeah, being using it for a while. problem is Ubuntu realizes that Windows touched it, and checks itself for STDs and other Windows corruptions to see if MS didnt break its fs.

lol... I can see how Linux would not want Dirty Windows touching it! :D

And Duh... it is obviously for Dual-boot systems, Gru! :p

.Froot.

Executive Member

I can imagine. I've used this at other places when trying to copy stuff over to an external. Really annoying when other people's computers can't read the leading partition format. Works really well.

fskmh

Expert Member
I've been using Total Commander with ext plugin for some years. Works quite nicely if you take into account that it only updates after each file is complete, so it appears unresponsive when copying large files.
It can read ext2/3 and reiserfs. There is also a plugin that apparently can write to ext2/3 but I'm not sure if it's reliable.