Fury and ire fuel Icasa-iBurst fire

Executive Member
So it sounds like the boss at icasa was negotiating payments and amounts owing with iburst when some othe part os icasa decided to go in and take everything without letting anyone else know.

So iburst looks to have a strong case of "we were in negotiations with icasa in good faith and was unwarrented"

crackersa

Honorary Master
not sure why these same photo's are still being used as they don't show damage at all. just unplugged equipment.

Fiela

This is a lot of bad press for iBurst shame, wonder how a shareholder would feel after reading this.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Should the following caption:

iBurst data centre equipment damage [highlight]after[/highlight] ICASA raid​
not read iBurst data centre equipment "damage" [highlight]before[/highlight] ICASA raid?

louisek

This appears to be pretty straightforward

1 - If you want to run an ISP in South Africa, you must pay the regulated fee
2 - If the ISP has not paid, and repeated requests have been made for payment, ICASA is by law entitled to act
3 - So, has iBurst paid or has it not? An "intention" to pay is not the same in law as an actual payment. Has the money hit the bank or not?

If I were an iBurst subscriber, I would be looking for an alternative provider at this moment

krycor

Honorary Master
Exactly.. this iBurst thing has gone on for months now and prior to that, the clamp down by ICASA on wireless links was well published and made news everywhere due to the costs. So if they want to drag it out forever and ever then you have to accept the risk involved and also that you clients aren't that important for you to take that risk.. I think they got caught out expecting ICASA to just say fine, lets renegotiate until they get what they want. Too bad..