Gabby Petito live updates: Latest on missing Long Island woman

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Oh btw.. one of the things I found quite disturbing about this case was the media behavior.. just go have a look at media camps outside the parents home & how they go after them walking almost in the house.

Wtf that was shocking to me.

Anyway.. one less killer. I do wonder what happen because it is weird to kill a fiancé especially strangulation. I mean he couldn’t think he was gonna get away with it. Just curious what motivated the action.

Not weird at all and strangulation is the preferred method for a crime of passion.

Think she decided she'd had enough of his shyte and wanted to leave him so he lost it.

Reactions: ES1

rvZA

Executive Member
I don't think the parents can be accountable in any way:

There is a lot of question and now even more.

The parents suddenly joins the search again and from what I saw on the news, the father found the bag with the belongings in shallow water within minutes from joining.

The parents may well not be investigated for anything related to Petito, but obstruction of justice in helping their son may well be a legal card on the table. Nothing to do with media attention or anything else.

Gyre

Expert Member
There is a lot of question and now even more.

The parents suddenly joins the search again and from what I saw on the news, the father found the bag with the belongings in shallow water within minutes from joining.

The parents may well not be investigated for anything related to Petito, but obstruction of justice in helping their son may well be a legal card on the table. Nothing to do with media attention or anything else.

Help him how? His son is dead. His remains were found in a place where there was flooding previously, so who knows, maybe he didn't kill himself but he died of another reason(drowning, freezing, alligator, etc).

Did Gabby's parents go searching for her? Why wouldn't they go look for their son?

rvZA

Executive Member
Help him how? His son is dead. His remains were found in a place where there was flooding previously, so who knows, maybe he didn't kill himself but he died of another reason(drowning, freezing, alligator, etc).

Did Gabby's parents go searching for her? Why wouldn't they go look for their son?

There are a lot of rumours that the parents helped him to get away and run from authorities. That they knew where he was and could have been in touch with him, perhaps a burner phone. If not them, then their attorney. The mere fact that the parents lead the police to the exact spot, and the parents found the backpack is a concern to the FBI and they said so last night as well.

The investigations and this whole matter is still far from over.