Gadget Review YouTube Channel with Giveaways

ZAGadgetReviews

Good day All,

I have been importing for over 10 years and would like to share the wisdom I have learnt. The aim is to also start a YouTube channel in SA, review gadgets, giveaway free stuff, Coupons for items available on GearBest and teach people how to import into SA and I can import for them if required. Main aim is to get items not available in SA for the best price while still getting it here quickly.

As my name shows, I am working with GearBest as they will be sponsoring gadgets to reviews (TV Boxes, phones, modems, smart watches, etc). They have confirmed that by the end of the month, they will give me a mobile phone, a smart watch, and a TV Box for review and give away. I do have a Facebook Page named GearBest South Africa. I have my own products to start reviewing as I have grown a big range of items from importing over the years. I am also going to put up +-R10 000.00 worth of gadgets to give away from MP3 players to metal Spinners. People are used to importing from Ebay which is so slow and sometimes has issues getting lost or stolen and I want to assist to change the mindset of importing to South Africa.

At the moment, I want people's feedback on what they think of the above. Would you subscribe to a Youtube channel where you could win free gadgets? Be interested in learning how to import correctly in SA? I will monitor this thread and if anybody want to follow, you can google Gearbest South Africa. YouTube channel is ZAGadgetReviews.

Admin, please advise if this counts as advertising and if it does, please PM me so we can discuss options to do this correctly (Post can be removed till discussion completed). This is not a business for me, but just want to try bring the SA market an option to get things for free and exposure is what I need to achieve this.

*IMPORTANT LINKS*
*Facebook* ‼‼ - Learn to import guide pinned to top of page
https://www.facebook.com/ZAGadgetReviews/

*MyBroadBand* !!!!!!
https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...t-Review-YouTube-Channel-with-Giveaways/page2

*Gearbest South Africa* ‼‼‼
http://www.gearbest.com/?lkid=11069349

*YouTube*‼‼‼
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZAGadgetReviews

*Current promo* - Promo has ended. Winner's to be announced by end of 05/12/2017.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/indu...earbests-11-11-double-down-deal-giveaway.html

Winners are as follow...

1) Xiaomi Mijia 4k Action camera - Greg_M
2) Xiaomi Mi A1 Smart Phone - TshepisoZA
3) Xiaomi Huami Amazfit watch - francol

Regards
KavZ

Last edited:

ZAGadgetReviews

Lets hope now that MYBB Admins don't block this page. I really love my gadgets and cannot be the only one. I currently import for personal use around 3-4 packages a month for myself to play around with. I will message everybody once my first YouTube video is up and running. :D

Yuu

Executive Member
Remember, the issue with many here isn't just price as a point of interest when making the decision to buy. It is the backup support. If you can with learning along the way provide consistent almost always excellent support, you will survive for as long as you can.

Before anyone says, Ebay importing is not an issue. We have many members using the likes of Scott's Shipping // Aramex to name but 2 of many others available. Ebay also has a customer protection feature when paying via Paypal so stolen items won't be an issue once they investigate and deem it not delivered.

Free items is great, your real challenge comes from the support you give after money is given to you ;).

Having said that all, good luck in the launch :D.

PS
Xiaomi Mi Box 4k would make many happy here and let them know with a valid SS login, they can get their SS fix :p.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Yeah I'll subscribe.
I recently imported a Xiaomi MI 6 from GearBest.

ZAGadgetReviews

Remember, the issue with many here isn't just price as a point of interest when making the decision to buy. It is the backup support. If you can with learning along the way provide consistent almost always excellent support, you will survive for as long as you can.

Before anyone says, Ebay importing is not an issue. We have many members using the likes of Scott's Shipping // Aramex to name but 2 of many others available. Ebay also has a customer protection feature when paying via Paypal so stolen items won't be an issue once they investigate and deem it not delivered.

Free items is great, your real challenge comes from the support you give after money is given to you ;).

Having said that all, good luck in the launch :D.

PS
Xiaomi Mi Box 4k would make many happy here and let them know with a valid SS login, they can get their SS fix :p.
I agree that support has to follow the importing process. It is also one of the reason's why I would not import certain items. Like, PC components, or TV's or monitors. Repair process is one of the hardest things in SA when importing. I import and use a lot of the overseas items but my channel will cover issues with importing, support, etc.

Link to the Channel is below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0wzePNqMCSr9zFblW9ng?view_as=subscriber

Regarding Ebay, I have used it a lot previously. I have no issue with Paypal and think it is the best when paying. The issue I have is the 3 months of time you lose before you get your refund. It is not a simple process.

ZAGadgetReviews

Yeah I'll subscribe.
I recently imported a Xiaomi MI 6 from GearBest.
Gearbest is actually worth it as they offer quick shipment including mobile phones (Most places cannot ship via Aramex with a built in battery from China including AramexGlobalShopper).

Regarding warranty, you can contact the seller and ask for a return address. If you ship with EMS from the Post Office, it will get there in +- 5 days. Just try push them to send it back via Express even if you have to pay for it.

Now, some people will say EMS to SA is bad, and it is. But that is because the Post Office handles delivery once it is in SA. But with sending it out, it leaves here quick and once it is overseas, they handle it like express shipping.

With GearBest, I like the fact that they offer Aramex (They sometimes call it Standard shipping) but the times clearly show how long it takes once it leaves. I have also been given access to their Coupon list so I can normally get 5-7% off anything not on special and with coupons, you can sometimes get even more. Follow @GearBestZA on FB for daily deals and coupons.

Regarding mobile phones, I prefer overseas phones as they are that cheap. Not the best specs, but can replace phones ever 6 months and still spend less then an s8+ in 2 years. That is me though.

Regarding the Giveaway, they have not confirmed yet which brands and models will be given. They first trying to see how many people I can get interested on Youtube and FB before they send anything. Fair from their side. Plus, if people buy using my link, they will choose to send more goodies more often. If somebody likes what I am trying to achieve and wants to buy something from GB, please Message me with a product link and I will send back a link to push towards more gadget giveaways.

I am looking whether to pay the amount to become an advertiser here so I can post products and coupons daily on MYBB. What do you guys think? Will it work for what I am trying?

ZAGadgetReviews

So, was busy last night with an intro video for the channel. Just something to put on most videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YovTtrMKP8&feature=youtu.be

Please have a look, let me know what you think and any advise is always welcomed. Please subscribe, turn on notifications and comment. There is also a Whatsapp group if anybody wants to learn how to import, how it works and my advise, message me and I will forward you the information.

animehero

Expert Member
TL;DR //Wall of TEXT// - Are you importing gearbest products or telling others how great it is?

ZAGadgetReviews

TL;DR //Wall of TEXT// - Are you importing gearbest products or telling others how great it is?
Both actually. If somebody wants help on importing, we will be covering the whole process on Youtube, the options, how each company work's, and what my experience has been. I normally import over 10-15 packages a year so will be reviewing the products I bring in. People are generally scared to import for multiple reasons so am on the mission to educate people on how to do it correctly, safely and get quick shipping for cheap. (New videos coming later this week).

With my experience, think I can save a lot of people the headache of using bad companies, getting scammed (been there before), and showing the best option I have found. I have been using GearBest for the past few months and am amazed at their pricing and shipping rates. Latest package of 7kg came in and was charged $15 to ship it. Compared to the $100+ I would have been charged, why not promote them for their good pricing. Video's on package unboxing will also be done.

The YouTube videos works towards my main aim is to try get GearBest to sponsor products to review and giveaway in South Africa. My personal orders with them have already started the process going and I hope to have a few product's to give away by the end of the month.

I am here asking for support from the community to try help the channel grow and gain traction. I do believe with the right guidance, everybody who is interested can learn the process and do it correctly for personal use. Everybody in almost every country in the world does order and import, and I am here to prove that it is possible for us to do it here in South Africa.

KavZ

Polymathic

Honorary Master
subbed. Need to work on your video quality, look up JerryRigEverything and unbox therapy

ZAGadgetReviews

subbed. Need to work on your video quality, look up JerryRigEverything and unbox therapy
That video was taken on my phone and is 2 years old. Apologies for the quality. In time, I will grow my range of equipment to allow me to do better videos and better audio. It is all in the pipeline. Subscribe to the channel as I will update it as I increase my range and the DIY items that I will be making for the Channel.

New video will be posted tonight of the unboxing of the new package from GearBest. I have seen JerryRigEverything and Unbox Therapy but all in good time. This is just the beginning...

KavZ

ZAGadgetReviews

We have a planned promo starting later this week. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel, and Like our Facebook page and we will inform everybody of the rules and how to win.

KavZ