Gain of function @ Wuhan lab versus origin of Covid-19 - Fauci

neoprema

Executive Member
There was an article explaining how COVID-19 could have come from animals, but also how its got certain characteristics that they would only have expected from the virus had it been mutating in humans for a long time which it somehow had right fro the get-go.

So it sort of leaves us in limbo. However I'm not against believing its man-made. I just don't think it was intended for release, probably a containment failure cover-up.

dsi

Let's remember the OP is a fake news spreader

And is is no way credible

The NIH lifted their funding pause on gain-of-function research in December 19, 2017 and had earmarked $600,000 for the Wuhan Institute of Virology over a five-year period to study whether bat coronaviruses could be transmitted to humans.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
The NIH lifted their funding pause on gain-of-function research in December 19, 2017 and had earmarked $600,000 for the Wuhan Institute of Virology over a five-year period to study whether bat coronaviruses could be transmitted to humans.

Not quite. The NIH gave a grant to EcoHealth Alliance, who sub-awarded part of that grant to WIV to study the risk of bat coronavirus emergence. This has been public for 7 years.

It's not 'gain of function' research and there's no evidence it has anything to do with COVID-19.

dsi

Not quite. The NIH gave a grant to EcoHealth Alliance, who sub-awarded part of that grant to WIV to study the risk of bat coronavirus emergence. This has been public for 7 years.

It's not 'gain of function' research and there's no evidence it has anything to do with COVID-19.

Indirectly funded WIV, but my point is the NIH funded 'gain of function' research as it states on the NIH website. This type of risky research is done in China because of the more lax laws and regulations.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Indirectly funded WIV, but my point is the NIH funded 'gain of function' research as it states on the NIH website. This type of risky research is done in China because of the more lax laws and regulations.
Again, not quite. What you posted states they lifted their moratorium on it, not that they're funding it specifically. And the indirect funding for WIV wasn't for gain of function research.

saturnz

Honorary Master
"he was not doing gain of function research, but if he was it was within regulations"

dsi

Again, not quite. What you posted states they lifted their moratorium on it, not that they're funding it specifically.

On this paper published in 2015 by directing researcher Zhengli-Li Shi aka the 'bat woman' at WIV it states the following regarding who funds and who approves the research.

This paper has been reviewed by the funding agency, the NIH. Continuation of these studies was requested, and this has been approved by the NIH.

Last edited:

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Let's remember the OP is a fake news spreader

And is is no way credible
And again your lack of reasoning abilities shine through. It's a video of court procession and the validity of it and the statements in it are not linked to my, the poster's or the platform's "fakeness"