Gain of function @ Wuhan lab versus origin of Covid-19 - Fauci

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
So it's only GoF if it's directly related to C19? Piss of Fauci :ROFL:
No. The grant wasn't for gain of function research.

On this paper published in 2015 by directing researcher Zhengli-Li Shi aka the 'bat woman' at WIV it states the following regarding who funds and who approves the research.

Which has what to do with what I said?

rambo919

Honorary Master
No. The grant wasn't for gain of function research.
Does not matter what any specific grant was meant for.

No one bothered to, conveniently so, check what the grant was actually used for. The stated goals of A are unimportant if the actor left in charge uses the funds for B...... whatever B does, A is responsible. At best this is a case of reckless negligence.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Does not matter what any specific grant was meant for.
lol, of course it does. What an absurd statement. This silly conspiracy theory depends entirely on it being true.

No one bothered to, conveniently so, check what the grant was actually used for. The stated goals of A are unimportant if the actor left in charge uses the funds for B...... whatever B does, A is responsible. At best this is a case of reckless negligence.
[citation needed]

dsi

The US Department of Defense also provided a funding grant to EcoHealth Alliance which started in Oct, 2017 for 5 years with description "Understanding the risk of bat-borne zoonotic disease emergence in Western Asia"

CFDA Program / Assistance Listing Information:
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH - COMBATING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
To support and stimulate basic, applied and advanced research at educational or research institutions, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms, which support the advancement of fundamental knowledge and understanding of the sciences with an emphasis on exploring new and innovative research for combating or countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).

Last edited:

dsi

Paul's inference (and yours and etienne's) isn't difficult to determine.
Which one is the conspiracy theory? That the virus comes from a bat and pangolin sharing a cage together in a market because China says so.. or that it came from a lab which is known to do research on bat-borne coronaviruses? Not to mention the pentagon funded bio-weapon defence research to the same organisation the NIH funded for pandemic research relating to bat-borne coronaviruses, and that organisation partners with a research lab in Wuhan who is a leading expert on bat-borne coronaviruses. If Bio-weapon defence research was taking place, then it would be logical to assume gain-of-function research was part of the process in determining at what level would a natural bat-borne virus become more infectious to humans and what counter measures could be developed in defence.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Which one is the conspiracy theory? That the virus comes from a bat and pangolin sharing a cage together in a market because China says so.. or that it came from a lab which is known to do research on bat-borne coronaviruses?
Because China says so... or because zoonotic diseases are a thing?
Not to mention the pentagon funded bio-weapon defence research to the same organisation the NIH funded for pandemic research relating to bat-borne coronaviruses, and that organisation partners with a research lab in Wuhan who is a leading expert on bat-borne coronaviruses.
Neat little dot connection you make to imply something that currently has no supporting evidence.
If Bio-weapon defence research was taking place, then it would be logical to assume gain-of-function research was part of the process in determining at what level would a natural bat-borne virus become more infectious to humans and what counter measures could be developed in defence.
Would it be? Why? And where did this supposed research take place?

dsi

Because China says so... or because zoonotic diseases are a thing?
The zoonotic origin is less likely due to a number of factors, this article outlines why the zoonotic origin is less plausible and looks at other genetic clues that indicate the virus was a gain-of-function manipulation.

Genomic analyses show that SARS-CoV-2 is a chimera, with most of its sequence identical to that of the bat CoV RaTG13, except for the receptor binding domain (RBD), which is almost identical to that of a pangolin CoV and has been optimized to bind the ACE2 receptor in human cells. Such gain-of-function chimeras can in principle arise via natural recombination, but that would be unlikely in this case. The natural recombination would require that the viruses from bat and pangolin infected the same cell in the same organism simultaneously, a rather improbable event considering the low population density of pangolins, the dearth of CoV-infected specimens in their natural populations, and the fact that CoV RATG13 does not have significant affinity for the pangolin ACE2 and therefore is unlikely to penetrate the infected pangolin cell.

dsi

Neat little dot connection you make to imply something that currently has no supporting evidence.
Department of defence funded bio-weapon defence research relating to bat-borne coronaviruses to Eco-Health Alliance. The evidence is right here, follow the the money.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think if I was Fauci I'd be desperate to deny any connection with this. The thing is, I don't think any of this was intentional or deliberate, but it was extremely reckless to do this kind of research. It hinges upon what you consider gain of function. Now, I consider making a virus that previously could not infect humans, able to infect humans as gain of function, and apparently so do many others. But Fauci does not, and if I was him, I'd do the same.

He knows that he, and the research he funded, is behind the deaths of 4 million people. I don't think he is evil or a murderer, I just think he was reckless and irresponsible, and is guilty of manslaughter.

Watch the video because it shows what Fauci said in actual emails about this. You'll see how suspicious this was.

_Dog

Not sure if this link has been posted:
Dr. Steven Quay and Dr. Richard Muller said that within the COVID-19 virus were indications that it was created through gain-of-function research.

Reactions: dsi

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Let's remember the OP is a fake news spreader

And is is no way credible
Some alt-right resource learned new term so now all we are going to hear about until the next pathetic meltdown is armchair experts on "gain function".

rdjrolleyes.jpg

kolaval

Executive Member
Eh, unconvincing. It rests almost entirely on Wade's article, which has numerous problems.
Your first link has a point:
Lacking China’s data, we are missing valuable information needed to refute or prove the lab escape thesis. We don’t know what we don’t know.

However the politics in the article I do not agree with:
What Wade failed to mention is that the US harangued China during the Trump administration, and the Chinese probably and understandably felt no inclination to openly share data with the US or the rest of the world.

We clearly need China to be a good global citizen and to be open and honest about what they have found,
to share their data as well as processes and procedures within their research institutes that may have in any way contributed to the pandemic (or not).
In order for China to act like a good global citizen, we need to treat them as such, the way we would want to be treated.

_Dog

Timeline of the engineered coronavirus patents and vaccines patents since 1999:

Dr. Reiner Fuellmich & Dr. David Martin July 2021:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I think if I was Fauci I'd be desperate to deny any connection with this. The thing is, I don't think any of this was intentional or deliberate, but it was extremely reckless to do this kind of research. It hinges upon what you consider gain of function. Now, I consider making a virus that previously could not infect humans, able to infect humans as gain of function, and apparently so do many others. But Fauci does not, and if I was him, I'd do the same.

He knows that he, and the research he funded, is behind the deaths of 4 million people. I don't think he is evil or a murderer, I just think he was reckless and irresponsible, and is guilty of manslaughter.

Watch the video because it shows what Fauci said in actual emails about this. You'll see how suspicious this was.
Jim Jordan? lol. Notable Big Lie proponent and guy who pretends not to have noticed the massive sexual assault spree at Ohio State University when he was coaching there.

That was a month ago - has he proven it or has he just made the same type of horseschit accusations and smears as he always does?

lexity

Expert Member
You guys, who have been apologizing for these corrupt officials.... I would rather not be you.