Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G - The absolute beast of a smartphone

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

Samsung recently launched its Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra smartphones in South Africa, which offer the latest mobile technology in two high-end flagship smartphones.

These new smartphones retain the best features of the previous generation while offering improved functionality and a number of design and hardware changes.

The most notable of these changes is the support for 5G connectivity, with both the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra being available in 5G models locally.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Does the phone come with an attractive woman who wears nothing but lingerie? Because at that price...

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
I find it funny that the phone used to take the images of the S20 Ultra can't even focus on the subject properly, and the lens is lightly smeared.

lexor

Expert Member
Love(ed) the Note Series - just getting ridiculously expensive !!

Doom5003

It has the Exynos 990, so not really a beast. The Snapdragon variant, now that would be considered a beast.

dunkyd

Executive Member
And on a serious note, what do I buy to get ahead of my S7 which wont upgrade from Android 8?
Looking at A71 ?
Any suggestions - at pensioner price
Ta

BBSA

Honorary Master
And on a serious note, what do I buy to get ahead of my S7 which wont upgrade from Android 8?
Looking at A71 ?
Ta

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Looking at A71 ?
Ta
The midrange A-series from Samsung is pretty nice these days. A71 definitely looks good, if you can find for a good price.

marioat1

Expert Member
Looking at A71 ?
Ta
Get the battery replaced and flash a custom rom.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
A few years ago Gold covered/plated phones cost this much.

Even if I was a multimillionaire, I wouldn't be able to justify the price.
It's true, hey. And we all thought it was madness.

Jacobofski

It's all very nice but the opposition has a phone that can hold hands with this very expensive phone at nearly half the price. The LG V60 has SG865 SOC, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, support an active pen used with some Windows notebooks, and has similar capability to Samsung DEX. And it still have a earphone socket, and very capable sound system and a good camera system. And it cost R18999

Jacobofski

Samsung recently launched its Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra smartphones in South Africa, which offer the latest mobile technology in two high-end flagship smartphones.

These new smartphones retain the best features of the previous generation while offering improved functionality and a number of design and hardware changes.

The most notable of these changes is the support for 5G connectivity, with both the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra being available in 5G models locally.
The LG V60 has a very similar spec sheet with 5G at nearly half the price.

shearder

Just got one of these today. Where does one find out about the R4000 voucher thats supposed to come with it?