• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Galaxy Note9

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Now that the S9 has arrived, we may as well start looking forward to the next Note. Starting this off with a render of what the Note9 may possibly look like from XEETECHCARE:
https://youtu.be/qsahVdNxrtE

What are you hoping the Note9 will bring?

For me:
- 3500mAh battery
- Larger 6.35-6.5inch Display
- 8GB RAM & 128GB Internal Memory

I guess, it is obvious it will bring all the S9+ stuff.

JK1

We are heading for August.

My Note 3 is hanging in there but I need to upgrade. Skipped Note 8 hoping Note 9 is going to be able to carry me through in the same way my Note 3 supported me all of the time.

A super device.

Hope Note 9 is going to be something to wait for!?

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
We are heading for August.

My Note 3 is hanging in there but I need to upgrade. Skipped Note 8 hoping Note 9 is going to be able to carry me through in the same way my Note 3 supported me all of the time.

A super device.

Hope Note 9 is going to be something to wait for!?
Looking at the rumours and leaks, the Note9 will be a beefed up Note8.

Larger Battery
Better Camera
More internal storage
And potentially more RAM (8GB RAM Model rumored)

Well worth the wait if you are not coming from the Note8.

Looking at the rumours and leaks, the Note9 will be a beefed up Note8.

Larger Battery
Better Camera
More internal storage
And potentially more RAM (8GB RAM Model rumored)

Well worth the wait if you are not coming from the Note8.
I'm skipping this one.

surfs-up

Expert Member
I would consider it if:

1) The battery capacity is at least 5300 mAh - If the Xiaomi can do it in the Mi Max 2, and keep a slim form factor, then so can Samsung

2) Removeable battery would have me immediately reaching for my credit card - who cares about water, in 23 years of owning multiple phones, I have never dropped any of them in water. I would FAR rather have the convenience of a removeable battery over the feature of "splash proof"

3) 6.3 " super amoled display, virtually no bezels....and NO NOTCH

4) Keep the headphone jack

5) type c

6) 4K 60 fps video

7) A ceramic back like the Xiaomi Mi Mix series would be good

8) An external antenna port - so an external high gain antenna can be connected when out in the bush far from cellular. This is one of the most important features that I would like in a phone, they used to have it in some older models, but it has been dropped for years now.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Yeh, have to extend the S9+ until S10
The S9+ will serve you well. :)

Although I think the Note9 may get you

I would consider it if:

1) The battery capacity is at least 5300 mAh - If the Xiaomi can do it in the Mi Max 2, and keep a slim form factor, then so can Samsung

2) Removeable battery would have me immediately reaching for my credit card - who cares about water, in 23 years of owning multiple phones, I have never dropped any of them in water. I would FAR rather have the convenience of a removeable battery over the feature of "splash proof"

3) 6.3 " super amoled display, virtually no bezels....and NO NOTCH

4) Keep the headphone jack

5) type c

6) 4K 60 fps video

7) A ceramic back like the Xiaomi Mi Mix series would be good

8) An external antenna port - so an external high gain antenna can be connected when out in the bush far from cellular. This is one of the most important features that I would like in a phone, they used to have it in some older models, but it has been dropped for years now.
Lol, quite a bit of dreams here, and even if they put this stuff in, due to their brand, they will charge +R30,000 for the device.

- Headphone Jack
- 4K 60FPS
- Type C
Are a guaranteed in this device as the S9+ has them all.

The other stuff, not so much. I believe the display is 6.3inch much like Note8, with even smaller Bezels.

Battery is said to be 4000mAh.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I've never seen that. Fukk that shizzle. Have you opted in for something?
I may have opted in for Samsung promos a long time ago

I used to Disable the Push Service on my phones up until the Note 4 where I stopped fiddling too much, and ever since then I see these ads from Samsung before a launch.

They sometimes used to send a notification to check Samsung Rewards.