Galaxy Note9

corwill

Decided to check what additional features Android Pie , XFE holds over XFV .
Flashed XFE and very surprised /and disappointed, to see Samsung Pay not working on XFE .Samsung Pay installs, but states in opening page ,coming soon .?
Luckily , I have Samsung Pay, also installed on my Gear S3 watch and working fine .
(So I have an option)
Apart from no voLte ,no wifi calling and even video calling in dialer missing , I don't really see any
Postive/worthwhile features, apart from been unbranded.

Last edited:

Awesum

Expert Member
Decided to check what additional features Android Pie , XFE holds over XFV .
Flashed XFE and very surprised /and disappointed, to see Samsung Pay not working on XFE .Samsung Pay installs, but states in opening page ,coming soon .?
Luckily , I have Samsung Pay, also installed on my Gear S3 watch and working fine .
(So I have an option)
Apart from no voLte ,no wifi calling and even video calling in dialer missing , I don't really see any
Postive/worthwhile features, apart from been unbranded.

I flashed XFE on Friday and I'm very happy with it.

Samsung pay works, I also have Volte, wifi calling and video calling.

corwill

I flashed XFE on Friday and I'm very happy with it.

Samsung pay works, I also have Volte, wifi calling and video calling.
Thanks,
for refence, that Samsung Pay works. I'll have to figure out, why it doesn't want to load card.?
It's installed but not loading card.
I uninstalled and re installled, no luck.
Previously on XFV and XSG it was working fine.

Looks like i have to settle on XFV, as i normally use /prefer
VoLte and the inbuilt Spam Protection functions.
(Spam protection is missing / not enabled on XFE. for me (Vodacom sim)
I presume you on Mtn?

corwill

Further to my post above,
I searched my Device settings a bit, with the inbuilt Finder function.
Found Hiya (Spam protection)
and Wifi calling is installed, but not visible and cannot access or enable it.
( See screenshots )
Reason is, most probably my Vodacom Sim ?
However video calling is enabled.

Screenshot_20190120-200938_Settings.jpeg Screenshot_20190120-200908_Settings.jpeg

Big-Mac

I am in two minds ... If I go Note 9 now, I can replace my S8+ and S3 Frontier with the current Vodacom deals ... ssoo confused :)
The remote controls with the S pen just made me go with the Note..and I'm loving it, S10 will be beautiful for sure but it's no Note! If my Note 5 wasn't broken i would've waited for the Note 10.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
So what's the deal with Pie on the Note 9 ... I have the 1.5gb update available ... any MAJOR positives and negatvies?

Big-Mac

So what's the deal with Pie on the Note 9 ... I have the 1.5gb update available ... any MAJOR positives and negatvies?
Best if u watch some videos, to me it seems really good, positive changes, some features i really want like the lock down mode, the tap to show AOD and the App pin feature where if someone wants to use an app on your phone, u can pin that app on the screen and the person can't use anything else on the phone which network u use btw? I still don't have the OTA update, thinking of flashing XFE one time! I'm on XFA currently

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Best if u watch some videos, to me it seems really good, positive changes, some features i really want like the lock down mode, the tap to show AOD and the App pin feature where if someone wants to use an app on your phone, u can pin that app on the screen and the person can't use anything else on the phone which network u use btw? I still don't have the OTA update, thinking of flashing XFE one time! I'm on XFA currently
Thanks man. I am on Vodacom

jnvdh06

Im also XFA but have flashed the XFE update. Have been using it almost a month now. All is good and works well. Im on MTN. XFA takes ages to update!