Galaxy Note9

Big-Mac

Android 10 ( for Note 9 ) South Africa live/ available .

I see update , Android 10 for following CSC's XFV /XFE /XFA
already , been listed on Sammobile. ( so OTA should be available )
check your device for relevant OTA ...........if you want update.........?
Good luck
Nothing on XFA yet, as usual

Big-Mac

My phone doesn't feel as snappy as in Android 9, this Andriod 10 kinda ****!

Charly

S Pen battery lasts 2 mins. Is that covered by warranty? Would I have to send the entire device in?

Charly

Guys, can somebody please recommend me a good screen protector? I'm tired of using the cracked up one I'm using at the moment.

I've never had this issue with any other phone before. It's frustrating. I've tried at least 4 of them (expensive and cheap) and all have either just kept falling off or are cracked within a week of having it.

Is anybody else having this issue or is it just something I'm doing? I see all of them on Takealot have bad reviews.

Thanks

corwill

Vodacom February security patch 2020 , listed on Sammobile
So Vodacom OTA should be live ...???
Also see Samsung XFE February 2020 security patch out ,so other providers / CSC , eg XFA should also be live sometime today ?

Attachments

• vodacom feb 2020 patch .png
    vodacom feb 2020 patch .png
    229.1 KB · Views: 36
  • xfe feb 2020 security patch .png
    xfe feb 2020 security patch .png
    277.9 KB · Views: 35

Went_For_Milk

Expert Member
Vodacom February security patch 2020 , listed on Sammobile
So Vodacom OTA should be live ...???
Also see Samsung XFE February 2020 security patch out ,so other providers / CSC , eg XFA should also be live sometime today ?
Just checked and it is live on Vodacom

Big-Mac

Any help guys? My battery is draining like mad while phone is in standby, I've check everything with no signs of any rogue apps draining it, only thing i got on is wifi, blue light filter and sync

Big-Mac

When i went to bed vs when i woke up, it's pretty bad, tried a cache wipe yesterday didn't work, gona try factory reset, as I'm typing this its 7:06 and it's already at 66% Screenshot_20200504-221759_One UI Home.jpg Screenshot_20200505-062718_One UI Home.jpg

Charly

When was the last time you drained it to 0? That might help.

I noticed recently that my battery is, on some days, lasting much shorter than it normally would. But I haven't properly tested that and I'm just assuming it's because I'm probably using it a lot more during the lockdown

Big-Mac

When was the last time you drained it to 0? That might help.

I noticed recently that my battery is, on some days, lasting much shorter than it normally would. But I haven't properly tested that and I'm just assuming it's because I'm probably using it a lot more during the lockdown
It happened on Thursday night, went to bed at 40% woke up and the battery was dead, luckily Friday was a holiday and i didn't need my alarm to wake up, and so whole day on friday i started noticing that whenever it was on standby and i pick it up 30min later i had lost about 7% battery, put it down, an hour later 10% gone and same thing again Friday night went to sleep had about 50% woke up next morning and it was dead, this has never ever happened before, i would sometimes sleep with 20% battery and wake up with 15 to 18% left, whenever i use the phone i don't notice any unusual battery drain, but in standby i lose alot of battery, barely get 3hrs SOT now, gona try a factory reset today if no luck then taking it for repairs even though samsung members app reports battery life is good

Charly

It happened on Thursday night, went to bed at 40% woke up and the battery was dead, luckily Friday was a holiday and i didn't need my alarm to wake up, and so whole day on friday i started noticing that whenever it was on standby and i pick it up 30min later i had lost about 7% battery, put it down, an hour later 10% gone and same thing again Friday night went to sleep had about 50% woke up next morning and it was dead, this has never ever happened before, i would sometimes sleep with 20% battery and wake up with 15 to 18% left, whenever i use the phone i don't notice any unusual battery drain, but in standby i lose alot of battery, barely get 3hrs SOT now, gona try a factory reset today if no luck then taking it for repairs even though samsung members app reports battery life is good
That's weird. I'll see if I get the opportunity to experiment with mine and see how long it lasts when off charge.

Other than that, all I can recommend is, if you haven't already, have a look on some of the android/Samsung forums and see if anyone is experiencing anything similar.

I wonder if/when the local warranty support will be up and running. I need to do a claim for a different device

JK1

Did the latest upgrade and security patch.

My camera drives me nuts. I now struggle to take a photo. Even when on photo selection it wants to take a video.

Is there a way to switch it off?