Galaxy S2 - Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 feedback

Superspeed

I have had Ice Sandwich 4.0.3 (XXLPB) on my Galaxy S2 for a week or so now. Its amazing! The graphics are SO smooth now and everything looks much more polished.

The issues I had before with first ICS (and after in brackets):

1) GPS didn't work (Working)
2) Battery life was BAD - max 8 hours (now last at least 12 hours with moderate usage)
3) Video camera didn't work (Perfect now)
4) Lots of force closes (None so far)
5) Interface laggy (VERY fast now)
6) No face unlock (Present and working)
7) Task manager still Gingebread style (Now upgraded)
8) Couldn't install several different apps (100% install rate success now)

I really don't have any complaints whatsoever. It feels like I have a new phone. I loaded GO Launcher on it and everyone thinks I have an iphone now.

If you also have ICS 4.0.3 running what are your findings?

Vegeta

Executive Member
Superspeed:7768545 said:
I loaded GO Launcher on it and everyone thinks I have an iphone now.
Sies why would u want people to think that? Its gross

Jefuhlig

official?

hey guys, sorry to ask, is it official and struggling to find search function on the mybb app. would you be able to point me to a thread that i could learn how to root, and update my os on my s2

Syphonx

Expert Member
I'm gonna wait for CM9, touchwiz was nice on gingerbread, but now it just looks ugly and boring compared to vanilla ice cream sandwich

paddyjohns

I decided to intall a custom ICS rom on my S2 this week, completed the install this morning.
([ROM]{XXLPB}Thebyani Rom V3.0_ICS for SGS2)
It runs tip top but the only issue is swype doesn't work which is not much of a problem.
Comes with some niffty addons for the top menu,http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1482574, decided to post link to location.
Will update on how it goes...

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Why didn't you install the newer version? XXLPH. Much better. Addresses a lot of issues.

Tim182

Expert Member
I have had Ice Sandwich 4.0.3 (XXLPB) on my Galaxy S2 for a week or so now. Its amazing! The graphics are SO smooth now and everything looks much more polished.

The issues I had before with first ICS (and after in brackets):

1) GPS didn't work (Working)
2) Battery life was BAD - max 8 hours (now last at least 12 hours with moderate usage)
3) Video camera didn't work (Perfect now)
4) Lots of force closes (None so far)
5) Interface laggy (VERY fast now)
6) No face unlock (Present and working)
7) Task manager still Gingebread style (Now upgraded)
8) Couldn't install several different apps (100% install rate success now)

I really don't have any complaints whatsoever. It feels like I have a new phone. I loaded GO Launcher on it and everyone thinks I have an iphone now.

If you also have ICS 4.0.3 running what are your findings?

I have run LPB and had no such issues. On LPH now and its even better. Not a single force close, everything works 100% and my battery lasts 1.5 days on medium to heavy use.

silentbee

Question. What happens with the buttons on the face of the device? My understanding as that ICS doesn't need buttons. Do you now have a phone with useless buttons?

Elax

Question. What happens with the buttons on the face of the device? My understanding as that ICS doesn't need buttons. Do you now have a phone with useless buttons?

Buttons still work as before. The recent apps list is a lot better now.

Elax

I read a review of ICS on techradar.com, and they mentioned a lot of features not present in XXLPH. Is this because it's a beta?