Game: guess who

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Rules: no reverse image searching (or if you do, be a sport and don't answer), anything else is fair game. Feel free to ask for more clues.

Whoever gets it right gets to ask next.
Preferably start with a clue or two for fun but feel free to wait for questions if posting a clue makes it too easy.

17e5e3944d85ccbce6df95febb658943.jpg

He represented his country in two Olympics, had a national record for freestyle and studied chemical engineering...

Last edited:

McT

The Humble Scot!
Black & white photo suggests that this may be a good few decades ago.

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Hint: he was fairly well known in SA in the 80s, but for movies, not sport.

Jings

Honorary Master
Was he a record swimmer round about the same generation as Johnny Weissmuller, the Olympic swimmer turned actor from the original Tarzan?

Sweevo

Honorary Master
That gave it away...but I googled to be sure. I would never have guessed...
Was he a record swimmer round about the same generation as Johnny Weissmuller, the Olympic swimmer turned actor from the original Tarzan?
He was more active in the late 40s to early 50s while Weismuller was around 20s if I'm not mistaken.

Crazy hey? Who would have guessed it. My childhood hero wasn't just a big fat dude with fists of steel lol. Flipping chemical engineer and Olympic swimmer. The guy was lean and mean... Until they introduced him to Budwiser from whence came his stage name :D
Bud Spencer. The Spencer part was related to his fav actor Spencer Tracy.
Carlo Pedersoli is his full name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Spencer

MickeyD, D3NZ or Hamster - whoever gets here first is up.

Last edited: