Gamers - How fast is your reaction time? How good is your memory?

greenwolf4d

Hi

I am doing a science expo project for school on whether gaming improves reaction time and visual memory. I really need more people to complete the survey, especially gamers.

Please help me - it will only take 5 minutes of your time. You will also be able to compare your reaction time and memory to other people around the world.

The link is:

http://goo.gl/forms/PAVxRgbyuz

Thank you.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I have a shst memory because I have a very over active mind.

PhireSide

Executive Member
For the sake of science, it is done!

239ms average reaction and in the memory score I got just beneath 50'000 :)

crackersa

Honorary Master
U.S. Army already did a study and found that reactions were quicker hence why they do virtual reality training

greenwolf4d

Thanks for all the responses so far!

The survey uses Google forms and will definitely not do anything strange to your device.

I will post my report once I've finished. The project needs to be in by 7 Sep. In the meantime it would be great to get more responses. The gamers are looking good so far!!!

Pitbull

Verboten
262ms reaction time.

This can't be right, I think it's because it was done from my work PC and not the gaming PC.
Will try it again tonight from home and see if there is a difference.

Impulse_One

Done

Response: 275ms - I'll never will be good at CSGO.
Memory: 9097 - Sounds bad?

Extra thought: Does playing games where thinking involved (e.g. Portal series, economy strategies, RTS, Puzzle) affects logical thinking?

Vegeta

Executive Member
I'm into FPS so kinda hoping that FPSers have the best results :D
Funny enough my ms seems to be on the fast side here according to the posts funny thing is I play mostly Nintendo, mario, mario kart, platformers, third person games. Used to play FPS when I was a kid when they first became popular like Duke Nukem 3D and the original Call of Duty but have had very little love for them after that.

Edit: also I have very little game time in recent years maybe 3 hours a week max or none at all.