Games protected with Denuvo cracked in hours

ponder

Honorary Master
According to the report, those extra days make the difference for publishers – with a large portion of sales in the first days of availability.

I doubt that translates into a lot of lost sales. A pirated copy does not translate into a lost sale most of the time, people that can't afford a game won't magically purchase the game if there is no pirated copy available.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I doubt that translates into a lot of lost sales. A pirated copy does not translate into a lost sale most of the time, people that can't afford a game won't magically purchase the game if there is no pirated copy available.

Agreed, the person is either going to buy the game or not, very few if any people are going not buy it because it's available to pirate.

xumwun

Expert Member

People can download a pirate copy, find out how rubbish the game is and then not waste their money on it.

ponder

Honorary Master
People can download a pirate copy, find out how rubbish the game is and then not waste their money on it.

Steam also allows some play time in which you can get a refund.

Praeses

Expert Member
Some games you only realise issues many hours later. 2 hours aren't nearly enough.

Totally agree. Although I've spotted a couple of new games which had demos available on Steam. I hope this becomes the norm again!

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Totally agree. Although I've spotted a couple of new games which had demos available on Steam. I hope this becomes the norm again!

yes please!

And Denuvo was just a matter of time before crackers cracks it in hours. I remember when it was "oh no Denuvo" to </care>.

Ps. I buy my games (or wait for Steam specials). My backlog is huge

Praeses

Expert Member
yes please!

And Denuvo was just a matter of time before crackers cracks it in hours. I remember when it was "oh no Denuvo" to </care>.

Ps. I buy my games (or wait for Steam specials). My backlog is huge

Maybe Steam should start forcing developers to release demo versions - I bet that it would boost sales for worthy titles!

Then again, back in the day of Hellgate London, the demo was epic. Full game was pretty much the demo on repeat - which sucked.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Maybe Steam should start forcing developers to release demo versions - I bet that it would boost sales for worthy titles!

Then again, back in the day of Hellgate London, the demo was epic. Full game was pretty much the demo on repeat - which sucked.

Ahh Hellgate London.. I remember that game LOL!

Agree on the demos! That would help a boatload.

Swa

Honorary Master
People are still using this illegal software? Thanks for detailing which titles have it.

Actually it kinda does in the first week. But I think it has more to do with people seeing how crap something is as a true hardcore fan would go out and buy it afterwards. I think piracy has just taken the place of demos.