Gaming Laptop urgent advise

Hey guys
i'm looking at purchasing a lenovo y730 gaming laptop. intel 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H up to 4.1GHz Processor 9MB Cache, 6x Cores, 12x Threads /. 16GB DDR4 RAM / 256GB Ultra-Fast SSD + 1TB Hard Drive / 17.3" NARROW BEZEL Full HD 1920x1080 Anti-glare 144Hz Refresh Rate With IPS-Level Display / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 DX12 Dedicated Graphics With Desktop Level Performance

It comes with Windows home only. Could i get something very similar or better for cheaper then R21k? i have till Tuesday to make this decision, also GTX 1060 would be preffered. Best price i could get was evetech. max budget is R22k

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I could swear I saw an ad on the MyBB mobile website yesterday for that exact laptop for R19,999 at Matrix Warehouse. Just had a peep at their website and don't see it listed there - try calling your nearest branch.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yeah but the price for a 2060 laptop is ridiculous especially the fact you can barely run it for a good lengthy session
You're simply paying a premium for a miniaturised version of a desktop. And all desktop replacement PCs are not meant to be gamed with unless they're plugged in. Most have <2 hours of battery life when using the dedicated GPU. That premium isn't worth the money to most people, but to enough people, it is worth paying for or is their only option for PC gaming.

You're simply paying a premium for a miniaturised version of a desktop. And all desktop replacement PCs are not meant to be gamed with unless they're plugged in. Most have <2 hours of battery life when using the dedicated GPU. That premium isn't worth the money to most people, but to enough people, it is worth paying for or is their only option for PC gaming.
I need the probability whether plugged in or not, basically my study is now becoming babies room so no desktop for me hehe

Lupus

Honorary Master
I need the probability whether plugged in or not, basically my study is now becoming babies room so no desktop for me hehe
I had that happen to me :(. Also got a laptop, thankfully after 7 years got a bigger house and went back to a desktop. As a laptop doesn't come close, I ended up becoming a console gamer.
Trying to find a place to actually play on a laptop isn't easy in a smallish place. Do you play on your lap nope you end up with roasted nuts, kitchen counter where???

I had that happen to me :(. Also got a laptop, thankfully after 7 years got a bigger house and went back to a desktop. As a laptop doesn't come close, I ended up becoming a console gamer.
Trying to find a place to actually play on a laptop isn't easy in a smallish place. Do you play on your lap nope you end up with roasted nuts, kitchen counter where???
I have a decent dining room & table where i can play. wife doesn't have too many issue with it. so wont be playing on my lap. but yeah only a 2 bedroom place. so i have to give the desktop a skip for now until we buy a bigger place. any recommendations besides the first spec i put up at that price range?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I have a decent dining room & table where i can play. wife doesn't have too many issue with it. so wont be playing on my lap. but yeah only a 2 bedroom place. so i have to give the desktop a skip for now until we buy a bigger place. any recommendations besides the first spec i put up at that price range?
Isn't there a place to setup a small desk for a desktop? Cause when on dining room table you'll see that you'll not play as much. Especially with a child coming.
What do you play?