mmm i wonder if charles is going to come out and say if tourists are going to whine they mustn't come here 
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2042903,00.html
Durban - International tour operators are threatening to "pull the plug" on Durban following the gang-rape of a French tourist, the Sunday Tribune newspaper reported on Sunday.
Quoting Alan Vels - the chair of the Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa - East Coast - the newspaper reported that one international tour operator had already cancelled tours to the city.
He told the newspaper that he was putting together a file of correspondence to give to the eThekwini municipality showing numerous tour operators stating their intention to remove Durban from their tours unless crime was attended to.
The report follows the gang-rape of an official of the French swimming team attending the International Paralympic Committee's (IPC) Swimming World Championships.
Beachfront
The 26-year old French national had decided to go for a walk with the Belgium swimming coach on Tuesday night when they were attacked near the city's beachfront paddling pools.
The Belgian, a man, was allegedly held down while she was gang-raped.
Police have since arrested four suspects, two of whom appeared in court on Friday.
The Sunday Tribune said the incident was not the first in the city, which is promoting itself as a tourist destination - especially for the 2010 Soccer World Cup.
In November 11 German tourists from the cruise ship Amadeus were surrounded by thugs armed with knives and guns and robbed of cellphones, jewellery, cash and other items.
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2042903,00.html
Durban - International tour operators are threatening to "pull the plug" on Durban following the gang-rape of a French tourist, the Sunday Tribune newspaper reported on Sunday.
Quoting Alan Vels - the chair of the Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa - East Coast - the newspaper reported that one international tour operator had already cancelled tours to the city.
He told the newspaper that he was putting together a file of correspondence to give to the eThekwini municipality showing numerous tour operators stating their intention to remove Durban from their tours unless crime was attended to.
The report follows the gang-rape of an official of the French swimming team attending the International Paralympic Committee's (IPC) Swimming World Championships.
Beachfront
The 26-year old French national had decided to go for a walk with the Belgium swimming coach on Tuesday night when they were attacked near the city's beachfront paddling pools.
The Belgian, a man, was allegedly held down while she was gang-raped.
Police have since arrested four suspects, two of whom appeared in court on Friday.
The Sunday Tribune said the incident was not the first in the city, which is promoting itself as a tourist destination - especially for the 2010 Soccer World Cup.
In November 11 German tourists from the cruise ship Amadeus were surrounded by thugs armed with knives and guns and robbed of cellphones, jewellery, cash and other items.