Ganglands to be excluded from load shedding

TJ99

Honorary Master
There's your solution folks, just act like manboons and there will be no more load shedding. You don't even have to pay for electricity anymore, just ask Soweto,

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
So Manenberg, Ottery and Hanover Park get excluded, which means that other suburbs will probably have to pick up the slack. Expect load shedding duration times to increase then for surrounding suburbs?

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Can't say I disagree with the plan. It must be a total nightmare in those areas when the lights go out.
This is not Entitlement City (Soweto)

TheGrimReaperUH

First turn off the illegal connections then look at things like these. Sick of coming home just to find out loadshedding is happening. Understand EKSDOM you are chasing the paying customers away. What happens when there is no one left paying?

F(*^ YOU EKSDOM! Go talk to you sponsors cANCer to remove the illegal unpaid for connections, only then should you be allowed to do ANY form of loadshedding.

Loosing my cool so much because of these idiots along with cANCer. Lucky by next week I will be in England. I'll keep my MyBroadband account open and come to listen to how things are going :D but **** this. cANCer has screwed South Africa and now they trying to run away.

Last edited:

terencej

Expert Member
First turn off the illegal connections then look at things like these. Sick of coming home just to find out loadshedding is happening. Understand EKSDOM you are chasing the paying customers away. What happens when there is no one left paying?

F(*^ YOU EKSDOM! Go talk to you sponsors cANCer to remove the illegal unpaid for connections, only then should you be allowed to do ANY form of loadshedding.

Loosing my cool so much because of these idiots along with cANCer. Lucky by next week I will be in England. I'll keep my MyBroadband account open and come to listen to how things are going :D but **** this. cANCer has screwed South Africa and now they trying to run away.
This

zizo911

Executive Member
So Manenberg, Ottery and Hanover Park get excluded, which means that other suburbs will probably have to pick up the slack. Expect load shedding duration times to increase then for surrounding suburbs?
hey! I support this. I live there :p

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
There is no single solution. Obviously effective policing is required, along with transport and water infrastructure and education.
That's not the problem in the areas mentioned though... These are residential suburbs with people who pay for services and housing etc but unfortunately have a percentage of illiterate drug popping dropouts living among them causing havoc.

Better policing and parenting would be the solution...

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I'm willing to bet that due to the socio economic situation in those areas they don't even draw half as much power as Plattekloof 1.

Hell., did you see that post by @The_Traveller where he says he uses 100Kwh per day? That's an entire month's supply of electricity for someone living in those areas (if you add the indigent grant)

.QQ.

Expert Member
But I thought the republic of Cape Town is a utopia unaffected by the problems in the rest of South Africa?

akescpt

Honorary Master
If the national government got off its ass and tried to address the gang problem in the western cape then this action wouldn't be required. But no we still paying for not wanting the cancer here.

Interesting that Mitchell's plain is not included. Can't be to pleasant there either. There are more areas affected by the gang scourge but no lights there. Makes no sense.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Interesting that Mitchell's plain is not included. Can't be to pleasant there either. There are more areas affected by the gang scourge but no lights there. Makes no sense.
Mitchell's Plain is huge so I don't know whether keeping the lights on there is feasible.

Perhaps rewire the substations to only keep the streetlights on

Gnarls

Expert Member
How would more effective policing help if they cops can't see schitt? It is really, really bad. Gangs are planning their shootouts around loadshedding. I'm not saying this is the solution but it would help somewhat.