Garage door motor help - killed by load shedding?

Smokey mcpot

Yip most of the boards are available and can be collected directly from ET if needed. They're also easy to install.

Sadly there are guys out there who put their extra bit onto the board cost along with their call out fee as well. Then they also try and sell a new motor as it's a bigger job with more profits.
I personally give the option of repair or replacement and try and get the best deal for the customer.

upup

Executive Member
White wire is not currently connected to anything. (Disconnected paradox)
So this is what i will do. power down. remove remote reciever pc bord, re insert it. Does it work now. It not, reprogram.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So this is what i will do. power down. remove remote reciever pc bord, re insert it. Does it work now. It not, reprogram.
Tried that already on Friday... It reprograms successfully (LED lights confirms).

It has three buttons, garage door, light, and lockout. All except garage door work, you can see it receives the signal (LED light), just doesn't trigger the door.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Tried that already on Friday... It reprograms successfully (LED lights confirms).

It has three buttons, garage door, light, and lockout. All except garage door work, you can see it receives the signal (LED light), just doesn't trigger the door.
have you shown it a little love tap yet?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
still no love tap hey :p
Might as well now :p Brano came out and said the board is no longer available - so the motor needs to be replaced (was sort of expecting that). They also couldn't quite figure out how just the trigger section went, he did say the "built-in" garage remote - and 12v trigger is not meant to work together, its one or the other. The built in one is meant to be unplugged if you use an external trigger.

They quoted on the above model, but I can't find much on it.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Might as well now :p Brano came out and said the board is no longer available - so the motor needs to be replaced (was sort of expecting that). They also couldn't quite figure out how just the trigger section went, he did say the "built-in" garage remote - and 12v trigger is not meant to work together, its one or the other. The built in one is meant to be unplugged if you use an external trigger.

They quoted on the above model, but I can't find much on it.
yeah just do it, it doesnt really damage it anyway

FreakZAR

Being a bit of a DYI guy... I want to connect my garage door and alarm. I have a ET DC Blue Advanced which I want to connect to my Paradox MG5050 (via PGM)
Have anyone done this? I know a bit about electronics but definitely not enough to help myself :-(
Can any one help? :)

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Joy - new motor put in at 10:30 - everything working 100% - went outside to park the cars an hour ago, everything is completely dead, no lights, on the new motor or anything indicating life.

They're coming out to have a look - really not having much luck this week.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Being a bit of a DYI guy... I want to connect my garage door and alarm. I have a ET DC Blue Advanced which I want to connect to my Paradox MG5050 (via PGM)
Have anyone done this? I know a bit about electronics but definitely not enough to help myself :-(
Can any one help? :)
If it has a trigger input, you should be able to do it.