Did that but it didn't work, I managed to get it to work by forcing it to sync time with my iPhone, an option somewhere.
Good to know. Hopefully I don't run into something similar cause I have an Android :p

Venu3 battery only lasting a few days now despite not using GPS or anything different. Normally was getting at least 10 days Must be that new firmware/software installed in the last week.

Has anyone used one of these 90° cables? Would it be worth getting? I'm still giving myself an anxiety attack each time I have to try and unplug my Garmin cable after charging the FR 165. This could possible be easier to grip and remove.

1715372630304.png

feel like it will be worse
Really? Anyone found a better solution perhaps or am I stuck just waiting for the connectors to loosen up a bit before they give me a heart attack with the amount of force necessary to pull them apart?

Venu3 battery only lasting a few days now despite not using GPS or anything different. Normally was getting at least 10 days Must be that new firmware/software installed in the last week.
Ah, Venu 3 getting the Venu 2 special treatment.

All it took was one bad firmware (IMO) on my watch and that was the end. Used to get two weeks (without activities). I barely get one now, and that's with the SPO2 sensor completely disabled.

It stings because this watch wasn't cheap. And of course it goes bad after the warranty expires.

Ah, Venu 3 getting the Venu 2 special treatment.

All it took was one bad firmware (IMO) on my watch and that was the end. Used to get two weeks (without activities). I barely get one now, and that's with the SPO2 sensor completely disabled.

It stings because this watch wasn't cheap. And of course it goes bad after the warranty expires.
Have you tried letting it deplete completely and then charging it up to 100% + an extra hour to reset the battery SOC state. Read something about that somewhere. Will see if I can find it again.

Found it: https://forums.garmin.com/apps-soft.../troubleshooting-guide-for-high-battery-drain

In this thread someone said Garmin is working on a fix for the Vivoactive 4. Not sure how accurate that is.

My Forerunner 165 actually seems to have slightly better battery life since the last update (9.28). Have disabled auto updates now just to be safe. If it ain't broke why fix it?

Last edited:
Have you tried letting it deplete completely and then charging it up to 100% + an extra hour to reset the battery SOC state. Read something about that somewhere. Will see if I can find it again.

Found it: https://forums.garmin.com/apps-soft.../troubleshooting-guide-for-high-battery-drain

In this thread someone said Garmin is working on a fix for the Vivoactive 4. Not sure how accurate that is.

My Forerunner 165 actually seems to have slightly better battery life since the last update (9.28). Have disabled auto updates now just to be safe. If it ain't broke why fix it?
Thx will give it a try this week. If it's still crap, will send to Garmin before warranty expires.

Has anyone used one of these 90° cables? Would it be worth getting? I'm still giving myself an anxiety attack each time I have to try and unplug my Garmin cable after charging the FR 165. This could possible be easier to grip and remove.

View attachment 1707159
I have used this. Works better than the original because of the 90°. Have had the cable for about six months now.

I have used this. Works better than the original because of the 90°. Have had the cable for about six months now.
Is it easier to pull out than the original? That's the only place I'm hitting a snag.

I've asked before, without getting a good answer. Is it worth it getting the Garmin scale?

I'm pondering getting the garmin BP cuff as well, my omron has disappeared

Back