Gauteng Covid-19 deaths far worse than reported

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Gauteng Covid-19 deaths far worse than reported

The latest data on excess natural deaths from the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) revealed that the real number of Covid-19 deaths in Gauteng over the last few weeks might be substantially more than the official fatality statistics.

While the national health department and NICD's figures are sourced from deaths at private and public hospitals where patients had been tested, many people who die at their homes due to natural causes are never tested for Covid-19.

The SAMRC has found that comparing long-term data on historical natural deaths with deaths recorded since the pandemic started showed many excess deaths.

MeestaR

Expert Member
This is terrible.
I have been hearing that people die of common natural causes, such as heart attacks, while the person is recovering or fully recovered.

Covid has a nasty tail, always leaving destruction behind. I know of a oom that had covid, (nothing serious) after recovery, gone for a Xray/MRI, there were scars on his lungs. The oom does not smoke or done anything serious that may have lead to this scars on his lungs before he got Covid.

Santise, keep your distance, wear your mask, and refrain from talking to people, only if absolutely required. Keep safe. Cheers.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
This is terrible.
I have been hearing that people die of common natural causes, such as heart attacks, while the person is recovering or fully recovered.

Covid has a nasty tail, always leaving destruction behind. I know of a oom that had covid, (nothing serious) after recovery, gone for a Xray/MRI, there were scars on his lungs. The oom does not smoke or done anything serious that may have lead to this scars on his lungs before he got Covid.

Santise, keep your distance, wear your mask, and refrain from talking to people, only if absolutely required. Keep safe. Cheers.
Yep, that's the bit I fear the most.

I have client who had to let one of their employees go, because they can no longer concentrate for long enough to do their job since they got Covid.

Highly qualified developer who now needs to go battle his incoming protection insurance to convince them he has a disability now. His boss is doing everything he can, but we all know how insurance is.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah people not getting treatment for serious conditions has absolutely nothing to do with it.

shearder

All lies. Deaths are probably more in the 1% of what is reported. Also I believe Saturday hade 24000+ new infections... I'm, can someone tell me which hospitals are THAT effective at getting numbers through the doors... so 24 hospitals had at least 1000 people tested? Of 12 hospitals had each tested 2000 people. Assuming ALL who were tested were positive... do we even have 24 hospitals that effective and busy???
I doubt that VERY VERY much. Spot the lies???

KantSnyer

Expert Member
All lies. Deaths are probably more in the 1% of what is reported. Also I believe Saturday hade 24000+ new infections... I'm, can someone tell me which hospitals are THAT effective at getting numbers through the doors... so 24 hospitals had at least 1000 people tested? Of 12 hospitals had each tested 2000 people. Assuming ALL who were tested were positive... do we even have 24 hospitals that effective and busy???
Hospitals aren't the only place doing tests, plenty other options and a hospital would be my last choice.

BBSA

Honorary Master
You really think tests are only done at hospitals?

Charlesjjm

Spot the idiot!

neoprema

Executive Member
COVID-19 has some nasty side-effects. Many doctors actually treat those incase they occur when you get COVID and not bother with the "flu" symptoms other than a bit of cortisone and decongestants. I don't know but for me it pushes even harder the "this thing was modified by humans" narrative. I don't recall the other SARS doing this? Although I could be mistaken.

Our doctor was also adamant about keeping up with multi vitamins and some specific vitamin pills as he said there is some correlation between deficiencies and the long-term effects of COVID.

B-1

Expert Member
COVID-19 has some nasty side-effects. Many doctors actually treat those incase they occur when you get COVID and not bother with the "flu" symptoms other than a bit of cortisone and decongestants. I don't know but for me it pushes even harder the "this thing was modified by humans" narrative. I don't recall the other SARS doing this? Although I could be mistaken.

Our doctor was also adamant about keeping up with multi vitamins and some specific vitamin pills as he said there is some correlation between deficiencies and the long-term effects of COVID.

Organ failure like heart attacks are not uncommon with viral infections as well as viral fatigue syndrome etc. Covid has taken it up a notch but its a new virus humans haven't been previously been exposed to so that's expected.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Organ failure like heart attacks are not uncommon with viral infections as well as viral fatigue syndrome etc. Covid has taken it up a notch but its a new virus humans haven't been previously been exposed to so that's expected.
Don't come here with logic and say that post viral syndrome and multi-organ failure existed before COVID, you'll get shot down.

animal531

Expert Member
Yep, that's the bit I fear the most.

I have client who had to let one of their employees go, because they can no longer concentrate for long enough to do their job since they got Covid.

Highly qualified developer who now needs to go battle his incoming protection insurance to convince them he has a disability now. His boss is doing everything he can, but we all know how insurance is.

That sounds very dodgy, you can't fire someone for a medical incapacity.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

The others have already called you out on your erroneous thought that only hospitals do testing. So, have you gotten a clue and realised that many other places (for example Dischem) also do testing?

Draken

Don't come here with logic and say that post viral syndrome and multi-organ failure existed before COVID, you'll get shot down.
Long Covid is not the same as post viral syndrome or multi-organ failure.

And 30-40% of people who get flu, do not have any adverse long term issues at all.

But your small brain will never learn from what i can see.

Draken

This is nothing new. Check the numbers for the western cape, almost double the excess deaths. We have tons of hospitals letting people die of covid and simply stating it was natural causes.