Gauteng E-toll proposal much worse than Ramaphosa's deal: City Press

Segg

Expert Member
Time to make some thermite :whistling:

COSATU's meeting tomorrow is going to be interesting

j4ck455

Executive Member
Are we supposed to think of Ramaphosa as some sort of hero now?

The most interesting aspect of this is that decisions about etrolling in Gauteng are being made in secret by the ruling party at its headquarters and not at the Gauteng Provincial level nor in Parliament (source):

The initial deal was presented to ANC officials – including President Jacob Zuma – at a meeting at Luthuli House in April.
Why were these discussions held in secret at Luthuli House and not out in the open where the issues could be discussed with the illusion of separation between party and state/government? Oh it's because the cANCer party isn't accountable and doesn't believe in the concept of separation of powers and rides rough-shot over that thing called "the constitution".

bekdik

Honorary Master

The most interesting aspect of this is that decisions about etrolling in Gauteng are being made in secret by the ruling party at its headquarters and not at the Gauteng Provincial level nor in Parliament (source):

Why were these discussions held in secret at Luthuli House and not out in the open where the issues could be discussed with the illusion of separation between party and state/government? Oh it's because the cANCer party isn't accountable and doesn't believe in the concept of separation of powers and rides rough-shot over that thing called "the constitution".
Yup that's the biggest con carried out by the anc ...

Utterly Confused

I’ve lost total respect for Ramaphosa, of what the little respect I had for him in the first place. :mad:

Seriously

Honorary Master
I will not support the KFC brigade becoming even fatter. I'm sorry but no pay from me Jose'.!

Swa

Honorary Master
Had it not been for Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa putting his foot down, City Press reports, Gauteng E-toll users would have been paying much more.
Haha. Seriously out of touch with how less and less people are paying. The other option would have just resulted in even more people stopping to pay.

TEXTILE GUY

Executive Member
City Press said that in a bid to please the ANC in Gauteng, Ramaphosa rejected the initial proposal and insisted that the deal he eventually announced on Wednesday (20 May 2015) be implemented.
Lets see how Ronald Mc Ram a poser deals with the ANC losing Gauteng.

GazWrack

This is politics.
Makhura and his provincial government spoke out against e-tolls and this "leaked" information making him look bad while making Ramaphosa look good is the first instalment in the payback to come.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Still won't pay. **** them! The government is here to serve the people, not the other way around! I didn't approve and will not pay. Screw Zuma, screw Ramaphosa and screw the rest of the corrupt, entitled, useless ANC clowns!

cozinsky

Expert Member
Why do most posters promote this culture of non-payment? I always regarded MYBB readers as more sophisticated so this comes as a big disappointment. One should be grateful at the discounts offered instead of being defiant.

Segg

Expert Member
Why do most posters promote this culture of non-payment? I always regarded MYBB readers as more sophisticated so this comes as a big disappointment. One should be grateful at the discounts offered instead of being defiant.
Not when the underlying aim of the project is to get rich, e-toll only have 30% to do with road upgrades, the other 70% is designed to line fat cats pockets, and buy coffee in the Alps

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Why should we pay for a corrupt, inefficient, way overpriced white elephant?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
There was no public consultation, so they an just say "we did not ask for this" and even there is public consultation, they can't answer the questions.

With the Western Cape tolling system, SANRAL and Department of Transport are asked "What will the toll fees be?".

The answer is "We can't answer that, it will be determined by the minister and published in the Government Gazette, this will only occur after the future tolls roads have been upgraded."

How can it work in such a backwards way?

One would expect a Pretoria East suburbs resident to be more sophisticated to consider all these aspects and read up on the details of these systems.... ;)

We are suggesting better ways to fund these and other road upgrades but you and the Government don't want to listenl

Gezza

Expert Member
We are sophisticated, and most on here are more educated than our president. I've never paid and will never pay for e-tolls. You can carry on voting for your ANC but just remember that it isn't really "your" ANC, as they only look after their friends and family.

ellyally

Expert Member
We already pay. Fuel levy, rates and taxes. Been paying for decades. Why must we pay again? Where has that money gone? Remove fuel levies and bring petrol down to what it should be (R6-R7 without them) and I'll pay etolls with a smile from ear to ear