Gauteng Education Department reportedly tells principals that "strict enforcement" of social distancing is not compulsory

Dups!

Expert Member
Either Angie holds a substantial power base or she just is one lucky person.

This is one of dumbest ministers after Bathabile... and there are quite a handful of the daft ministers in the cabinet. She has no clue what she is doing.

I hope she gets the chop when the cabinet reshuffle takes place.

rvZA

Executive Member
Yeah, get the kids to school... spread that virus among them. Let them spread the virus at home to family members. Let the family members spread the virus at work, to friends. The economy has not yet been damaged enough. It has not yet been transformed enough. More lockdowns on the way in the near future.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah, get the kids to school... spread that virus among them. Let them spread the virus at home to family members. Let the family members spread the virus at work, to friends. The economy has not yet been damaged enough. It has not yet been transformed enough. More lockdowns on the way in the near future.
Wow you really are a doom sayer, back in the day you'd be on the street with a sign saying the end is nigh.
Schools need to go back, people need to start living with this virus it's not going anywhere, almost 2 years has shown this, the vaccine helps at least minimize the effects of the virus.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Of course. In South Africa you don't need to obey the parts of the law that are inconvenient for you.

Swa

Honorary Master
Doesn't help to have them sit far away in class then on the playground they hug each other.

moklet

Expert Member

This is one of dumbest ministers after Bathabile... and there are quite a handful of the daft ministers in the cabinet. She has no clue what she is doing.

Guess you didn't read the article properly. It is not Angie who says that principals don't need to adhere to strict social distancing, but GDE (gauteng). Angie's focus is to get the kids back to school and try to save what is left of the academic year. Kids really should be back in the classrooms

Dups!

Expert Member
Guess you didn't read the article properly. It is not Angie who says that principals don't need to adhere to strict social distancing, but GDE (gauteng). Angie's focus is to get the kids back to school and try to save what is left of the academic year. Kids really should be back in the classrooms
Did I mention that she is the one who said that?

My statement has nothing to do with what was said or not, but on her performance as the Minister of her department.

ConfusedR

Expert Member

Maybe the reason why the ANC and Angie destroyed the education system. To get it down to their own and their supporters' level.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Of course. In South Africa you don't need to obey the parts of the law that are inconvenient for you.

That's true. Need a firearm license? Register a secuirty company and buy high calibre and automatic weapons. Need to break curfew? Keep R200 as a "complimentary tip" in case you are stopped. Need pretty young whores? Go to Brakpan... the list just goes on and on.

Swa

Honorary Master
That's true. Need a firearm license? Register a secuirty company and buy high calibre and automatic weapons. Need to break curfew? Keep R200 as a "complimentary tip" in case you are stopped. Need pretty young whores? Go to Brakpan... the list just goes on and on.
:ROFL:

boboudts

Dumb as a bag of rocks springs to mind?

KikzAzz

It is ok if they vanadlise and burn the schools. We will just build them new ones.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I’ll fully support doing away with physical and social distancing at school.

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Doesn't help to have them sit far away in class then on the playground they hug each other.
Depends what school your kids are at. Doesn't happen in the school mine are in, and haven't seen this happen with many of the schools around where we live.
Maybe you're just unlucky.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Depends what school your kids are at. Doesn't happen in the school mine are in, and haven't seen this happen with many of the schools around where we live.
Maybe you're just unlucky.
Maybe he's thinking of like pre-school? Cause those are the only ones I could think would do that

Swa

Honorary Master
Maybe he's thinking of like pre-school? Cause those are the only ones I could think would do that
Yeah I was exaggerating a bit. But social distancing is definitely not strictly enforced during breaks. You either do it all of the time or it doesn't help to do it at all.

marbro

provide another solution to this issue then?

Rotations dont work,
Keeping the kids at home doesnt work
Homeschooling is not a viable option for the majority of primary school kids

My kids in Grade 2, he has yet to have 1 full term at school. The schools doing what they can to keep everyone safe, But at the end of the day.... Life must go on