Gauteng metro cop arrested for taxi driver bribe

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2011/12/30/gauteng-metro-cop-arrested-for-taxi-driver-bribe

A metro police officer was arrested after he allegedly solicited a bribe from a minibus taxi driver in Ophirton on Friday, Johannesburg metro police said.

Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said the 35-year-old officer was working at a road block when he found a taxi with a faulty handbrake.

He asked the driver for R300, but the man only had R120. The driver reported the matter to the metro police's internal affairs and returned to the road block to identify the officer.

The officer was arrested and is expected to appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.
Give that Taxi Driver a Bells! :D

On the bad side though we have one more corrupt employee on paid leave pending a court case! :(

koeksGHT

Dealer
I noticed that they are checking above the normal inspection currently.. Almost invading privacy of the driver with boot searches and even triangle checks. Almost like they are looking for people to fine.

BrandonH

Expert Member
A traffic cop tried to get a bribe from me this morning on the N6. I insisted he give me the fine, he looked confused and let me go.

KSINGH

Executive Member
Hmmm. Interesting and abnormal.2012 could be the end afterall.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
well done to the taxi driver. They should pay to get his taxi fixed up as a reward. i don't mind if the spent my tax money on that.

i don't know why they need to look for warning triangles though. yes, we need it to warn us about a broken down vehicle, but it seems everyone who breaks down around a corner has the thing 2 - 5m behind their vehicle.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Good to see there are good taxi drivers.

Stupid people willing to lose their jobs for R100, R200, R500...I mean really!

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I noticed that they are checking above the normal inspection currently.. Almost invading privacy of the driver with boot searches and even triangle checks. Almost like they are looking for people to fine.
Its christmas time.. so have to meet quota's to get the bonus.