Gauteng pupil kidnapped, ransom demanded [Update found]

schumi

Honorary Master
A Gauteng pupil, Lindokuhle Masuku, has been kidnapped on Monday while waiting outside his school, Queens High, in Johannesburg, the Gauteng Education Department said in a statement late on Tuesday night.

Grade 8 pupil Masuku was waiting for his transport when he was taken, said the department.

“Subsequently, it is alleged that a ransom of about [R5 million] has been demanded for his release,” said Steve Mabona, the department’s spokesperson.

Police are investigating the 14-year-old’s kidnapping.

Johannesburg police officials haven’t immediately been available for comment.

At the same time, the department said a 15-year-old girl, Kate Spies, has gone missing.
More at : https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/gauteng-pupil-kidnapped-ransom-demanded-20200226

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Catch them perps and kill them or it'll become more of a trend.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
0 sympathy for kidnappers and child molesters, these should be dealt with by extreme prejudice.

R4ziel

Expert Member
My parents would pay them to keep me a while longer when I was that age, they definitely would not scrape together 5mil to get me back, I'd be screwed in this situation.

I also wonder whether the parents are involved, it is odd to kidnap a kid from a school where its not super obvious the parents would be rich. I'd rather kidnap someone from St. Stithians or something like that

grok

Honorary Master
Pfffft, according to Zuma, Africans aren't affected by corruption & crime.

hungrymamba

Expert Member
Take my child and I'd unleash fire and furry on earth - bigly! The place would burn to the ground.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
0 sympathy for kidnappers and child molesters, these should be dealt with by extreme prejudice.
I've said this many times: Start putting the heads of any adult found abusing children onto pikes alongside the N1. Abuse of children will never stop otherwise.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Tryna see how much attention SA gives this case....:confused:
You need to compare it against other mid teen kidnapping stories though (I'm trying to remember others but drawing a blank), do not compare it against under age 10 kidnappings, those always get more attention.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Once I have the kid back I'd pay some really nasty people to find the perpetrators.