Gauteng "Request a Slot" driving licence booking system launched

KikzAzz

Just more BS! My son had an appointment, for which he had to get somebody to book for hom at a price of R250. The only way to get an appointment. Arriving at the testing station was a case of get in the queue. No benefit of booking an appointment. Stood in the queue for four and a half hours.

• Sad
Reactions: "D"

mpdjhb

"The committee has encouraged Gauteng citizens to use the avenues that have been made available by the department to renew their licenses and not wait for the 11th hour."

Yup - we all just dying to wait till the last minute. All our fault.

rrh

Expert Member
At which Gautrain stations can one renew one's licence ?

And does one have to ride the Gautrain in order to get to the renewal desk ? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

Louis72

Expert Member
Forgive my ignorance… The old system would have worked just fine if they added the pay option while you make the booking?

From what I have gathered so far the old system collapsed with no slots available ever because employees and bad actors would snap up all the appointments. Create an artificial shortage and then sell slots to the public and pocket the money…

requiem

Expert Member
Forgive my ignorance… The old system would have worked just fine if they added the pay option while you make the booking?

From what I have gathered so far the old system collapsed with no slots available ever because employees and bad actors would snap up all the appointments. Create an artificial shortage and then sell slots to the public and pocket the money…

But then they would have to actually work - are you mad? /s

Lupus

Honorary Master

Pretty much this, if they had done it so people could actually book and pay in one go. I found it when I did it last year pretty quick actually.

aneurin.chetty

It actually worked quite well, you can chose 2 preferred testing centers. Lets see when the actual booking comes through.... Well done Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport 1630663354355.png