Gauteng will be closed. The question is when?

krycor

Honorary Master
I'm more concerned when domestic flights get shut down.. me thinks middle of next month. public shutdown in WC & GP likely end of April as things cool down and virus takes hold of poor populous.

Reactions: ES1

antowan

Honorary Master
I'm more concerned when domestic flights get shut down.. me thinks middle of next month. public shutdown in WC & GP likely end of April as things cool down and virus takes hold of poor populous.

It is a big concern but also very necessary if we're to slow this thing down enough so our hospitals can cope. And we will have to do it now.

antowan

Honorary Master
Thumbsuck spreadsheet you dreamed up last night? Where's the intelligent (ie. underscored with data) discussion you threatened?

Not a thumbsuck. Just an estimate using publically available figures. Of course there will be some error. What you NEED to understand is that I have been doing this estimate for some time now and I have always come in below the official figures....

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Ssshhhh!!! I'm busy thumbsucking stats to post here. Besides, I've been doing it for about a minute and I'm always right.

Pitbull

Verboten
10 times more, believed by whom? You? Or do you have proof?

Might be a stretch, however, there was a thread here just yesterday of someone who's parents wanted to get tested after returning from a trip and could not. You also have people who don't go to the Doc assuming it's just normal flu. The true number will never be known.

Pitbull

Verboten

Technically it should already be. Haven't Cyril discouraged provincial travel?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Government going to use the "Nuclear Option" during the Easter Weekend and a declare a state of national emergency to prevent that massive Easter pilgrimage

Lupus

Honorary Master
Might be a stretch, however, there was a thread here just yesterday of someone who's parents wanted to get tested after returning from a trip and could not. You also have people who don't go to the Doc assuming it's just normal flu. The true number will never be known.
Well this is the thing, most people won't go to the doctor as they would think it is either the flu or a cold and would only seek medical attention when it doesn't get better. Like they would if it was the flu or a cold. You should be doing that with the flu as well as it also can lead to complications.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Hopefully before they want to trek down for Easter weekend.
Yoh... Pity it's not Christmas/new year. Can you imagine?
I would totally go to the windmill on New year's Day for a bacon burger and double thick milkshake.