Gearbest.com - Any good?

ThreeThirds

Last edited:

skinndeep

Expert Member
Bought a android tv box thingy. Just a warning pick a good shipping supplier otherwise you wait forever. Took 40+ days for my item to arrive.

Biks

I used gearbest.com many times, no issues at all.
The last time was a few weeks ago, I ordered some electronics, and used the Priority shipping option, it cost me around $8 extra for shipping, but I received my parcel in 6 days delivered to my door by Aramex Priority mail.

I am one happy customer :)

falcrum

On shipping: I haven't used Gearbest yet, but the time for standard shipping from all the other Chinese suppliers (AliExpress, Ebay, DX, Bangood) were fairly consistently around 2 months, and I haven't lost anything in the post over the last year. It may be slightly longer if flagged by customs. If you can wait 2 months, the standard shipping is fine.

ThreeThirds

On shipping: I haven't used Gearbest yet, but the time for standard shipping from all the other Chinese suppliers (AliExpress, Ebay, DX, Bangood) were fairly consistently around 2 months, and I haven't lost anything in the post over the last year. It may be slightly longer if flagged by customs. If you can wait 2 months, the standard shipping is fine.
I used gearbest.com many times, no issues at all.
The last time was a few weeks ago, I ordered some electronics, and used the Priority shipping option, it cost me around $8 extra for shipping, but I received my parcel in 6 days delivered to my door by Aramex Priority mail.

I am one happy customer :)
Ordered a TV box. Received it a couple of months later.
Thank you so much for the response guys! My mind is made up, I'm going to use Gearbest.com - now to decide on which smartwatch I want...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You are going to be stuck with cheapo Post Office based shipping, but I've never had an issue not getting a package.

Try using the SAPO app with the tracking number they send you, it will update the moment it hits SA and then you can sit and watch it chill at the SA side for at least a week before moving again.

ThreeThirds

You are going to be stuck with cheapo Post Office based shipping, but I've never had an issue not getting a package.

Try using the SAPO app with the tracking number they send you, it will update the moment it hits SA and then you can sit and watch it chill at the SA side for at least a week before moving again.
Here are the shipping options - costs vary by a $ or two depending on the product - does it go through SAPO only via the free option or regardless?:

ShippingCapture.JPG

Last edited:

Damac10

Hey folks! After having a good experience with my first Amazon.com shipping to SA, I'm looking to broaden my horizons even further. After watching a few smartwatch reviews that mention gearbest.com, I'm wondering if anybody's ordered from them before, and if all went well? Their shipping fees seem quite decent.

PS I'm looking to buy either:

Yes, I like orange :p
You can pay with PayPal or credit card. It's only about $6 for Aramex /Middle East Shipping. Will be here in under two weeks . Worth it as free shipping can take 45 to 60 days even

Neo_X

Expert Member
quite happy with gearbest.

as others have mentioned- shipping takes forever. I bitched and moaned after 4 months, received a refund. on month 6 received the item :p

was only about $3 worth , so will keep it as motivation to shop with them again in future

Orbiter

I bought from them a few times, using Priority Line and DHL.

Bought my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 also from them, but used DHL for this order.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I used them for the first time in early December 2016. Paid by PayPal. Stuff delivered on Friday before Christmas. Impressed and happy.