Gender-reveal stunt started wildfire that saw 21 000 Californians evacuated

Ponderer

Expert Member
I am still surprised at the number of people who were surprised to hear that we were waiting until birth to find out what we were having :ROFL: I have OCD and can be a bit of a control freak at times but I never, ever wanted to know what gender our baby was before they were born.

P.S. We had a boy!
I have CDO.
It's a more severe case of OCD - its better if the letters are in alphabetic order. :giggle:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I am still surprised at the number of people who were surprised to hear that we were waiting until birth to find out what we were having :ROFL: I have OCD and can be a bit of a control freak at times but I never, ever wanted to know what gender our baby was before they were born.
Yeah, that makes no sense to me. There's practical reasons like buying clothes and decorating the kids room.

I completely disagree with this ****ed up flashing story though.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yeah, that makes no sense to me. There's practical reasons like buying clothes and decorating the kids room.

I completely disagree with this ****ed up flashing story though.

I had my personal reasons and we just bought neutral clothing and weren't going to do a theme typed room anyway so it didn't matter. They grow out of clothes so quickly that gender colour specific clothing in the first few months was a non event for us.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I had my personal reasons and we just bought neutral clothing and weren't going to do a theme typed room anyway so it didn't matter. They grow out of clothes so quickly that gender colour specific clothing in the first few months was a non event for us.
Yeah, your OCD doesn't work properly.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Gender-reveal parties inaugurate the rococo stage of decadence.

But tying this fire to that sort of silliness is just as loopy.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Gender reveal party is when they say the gender of the baby. In America they like to announce boys with explosives/fireworks for some reason.

Would you prefer they wear sack cloth and ashes?

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Gender-reveal parties inaugurate the rococo stage of decadence.

But tying this fire to that sort of silliness is just as loopy.
News outlets have confirmed the link , conspiracy guys say laser weapons though .
Up to you which you believe.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master

P.S. We had a boy!

Congrats on the boy.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
More craziness:
A father-to-be from New York state has died after a device he was building for his child's gender-reveal party exploded, according to police.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was assembling the device in the town of Liberty when it exploded just before noon on Sunday.

Police said the blast killed Mr Pekny and injured his brother Michael Pekny, 27, who was taken to hospital.

Grant

Honorary Master
It was bound to happen
My English has failed me:
“For me, it was a milestone,” she said. “I had had several miscarriages. It was like, ‘Oh yay, I’m finally at a point in my pregnancy where I know if it’s a boy or a girl’ rather than ‘Let’s saddle this kid with a whole identity’.
So help me here.
She's pleased she knew if a boy or girl was coming, but did not want to saddle it with a whole identity.

I passed English, I really did, and quite well.
But I'm seriously battling with that statement

Binary Bark

Forging