General: Hacking in FPS Games

AcidT

If a thread like this one does exist I am sorry for duplicating but I could not find one. I thought it good to start a thread where we can post videos taken in FPS games of hackers or suspected hackers and then the community can make their own deductions from it.

Below i have three videos of a suspected hacker in MW2. If you look closely at the videos it seems there is no recoil on his intervention rifal. All the shots are head shots and then there is the ever present wall hack issue as well.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Kosmik

Honorary Master
People who hack multiplayer games are just useless meat sacks who will fail in life.

Sorry folks but there is no "shorrtcut" to being good at what you do.

Worf

I agree with you Kosmik :)

I am just wondering, most of us now that hacking in MW2 is common, but has any found/witness any hacking in BF2BC2.

I now there are some walls ingame that if you stand close enough you can shoot through without any hassles and that is just due to bad game design, or when you empty and entire clip into a guy and he never dies.
Most of us now that the hit detection isn't the best, but anyone have solid proof of any hacking at all?

Vegeta

Executive Member
Think i once played against a cheater in BFBC2. When ever i tried to shoot or aim at him i would get a "drunk cam" effect

code

@ AcidT: Why do you record only the kill cam frag? Though dodgy, it's very difficult to tell with those 5 second clips. Do you use FRAPS?

When suspecting a hacker, wait until you're in his team. When the game starts, don't select a class. This will allow you to cycle through the players on your team through the first person. You have about 3 minutes before you get kicked for inactivity. Record those 3 minutes and you will have a much better base to form an opinion on.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Think i once played against a cheater in BFBC2. When ever i tried to shoot or aim at him i would get a "drunk cam" effect

yes dude this pisses me off.

I can take go against a team of really good guys no problem but sometimes the same character just seems to run too fast for my pc to handle.

AcidT

@ AcidT: Why do you record only the kill cam frag? Though dodgy, it's very difficult to tell with those 5 second clips. Do you use FRAPS?

I did not record this. One of my clan members did while they were playing a clan match against another clan. They use FRAPS and WeeGame to record the games or killcams.

Will have a look at the 3min thing in the future...must just get in on a game where this oke is also playing.

I did not record this. One of my clan members did while they were playing a clan match against another clan. They use FRAPS and WeeGame to record the games or killcams.

Will have a look at the 3min thing in the future...must just get in on a game where this oke is also playing.

Last edited:

AcidT

got 130 people banned and thats just from mw1 ....

It was easrier because of dedicated servers in MW1 to get a player banned. You just reported him to the server admin they kept an eye on him and then if found guilty he was banned from the servers..

BFBC2 should be the same but with MW2 it is a bit more difficult to do as IW and STEAM's VAC system is not very forthcoming when someone is reported as a suspected hacker.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
For credible proof you need to record the entire game. A single kill means absolutely nothing. Especially since we can't see whether the sniper has knowledge of the players approx location....for that we'd need to see what happened in the 30sec before the kill.

Pretty much everyone pulls off a kill now & again that just screams wallhack/aimbot etc. Hell, I've pulled off more impressive shots than those & I'm a distinctly average FPS player.

When it comes to hacking you either:
  1. Keep quiet & collect evidence until you have enough, or
  2. Find someone who can do something & present conclusive proof

Anything in between ("suspected hackers") is just damaging to the community & sketchy. You know...innocent until proven guilty.

I don't doubt that MW2 is hacker infested, but looking for hackers should not be a witchhunt.

Mr.Jax

Expert Member
For credible proof you need to record the entire game. A single kill means absolutely nothing. Especially since we can't see whether the sniper has knowledge of the players approx location....for that we'd need to see what happened in the 30sec before the kill.

Pretty much everyone pulls off a kill now & again that just screams wallhack/aimbot etc. Hell, I've pulled off more impressive shots than those & I'm a distinctly average FPS player.

When it comes to hacking you either:
  1. Keep quiet & collect evidence until you have enough, or
  2. Find someone who can do something & present conclusive proof

Anything in between ("suspected hackers") is just damaging to the community & sketchy. You know...innocent until proven guilty.

I don't doubt that MW2 is hacker infested, but looking for hackers should not be a witchhunt.

+1000000

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
People who hack multiplayer games are just useless meat sacks who will fail in life.

It could be argued that people who takes multiplayer games that seriously are useless meat sacks who will fail in life.

AcidT

Originally Posted by Kosmik

It could be argued that people who takes multiplayer games that seriously are useless meat sacks who will fail in life.

Useless meat sacks...if you have to cheat to get somewhere in life it shows that you have no ambitions in life and even accusing someone of haxing in games fall under this category without any proof of it.

32B Clan (old HH) players is now out at gunning any player that seems to be better than them that they are haxing...Just look at the videos on youtube of PredatorRSA and you will understand what I mean. Soz but I don't have the link handy at the moment.