Generator or Inverter for residential use?

vassen

Panels seem to be coming down in price and increasing in wattage.

PF store has 455w JA Mono panels for R2038 inc vat. That what I paid for my 390w recently.

Now it’s around R4.48 a watt.

Still no pylons on crazy specials though. :unsure:

signates

Executive Member
Of the 3.89MW of total PV production, more than a quarter went into the batteries.

1MW of battery power cycled. Should get 63MW through the batteries if I work on 6 000 cycles.

BMS still indicates 100% SOH.

At 5MW per year they should last me 12.6 years. Screenshot_20201121-095322_SOLARMAN%20Business.jpg

Last edited:

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
Panels seem to be coming down in price and increasing in wattage.

PF store has 455w JA Mono panels for R2038 inc vat. That what I paid for my 390w recently.

Now it’s around R4.48 a watt.

Still no pylons on crazy specials though. :unsure:
They don't - its actually R2320/incl.

The 345W for R1540 is ok though. @ 4.7/KW

vassen

They don't - its actually R2320/incl.

The 345W for R1540 is ok though. @ 4.7/KW

And here I am telling people about the really good deal

vassen

Came across this rack mounted sunsynk inverter setup. Not available locally....yet.

They make a rack mounted inverter in 8kw and 5kw. View attachment 959380 View attachment 959382 View attachment 959384 View attachment 959386
Yeah. I saw a video on this as look. It looks nice with everything in the rack. They seem to be launching a few new products.
Also saw the néw deye inverters looking a bit different so I guess the sunsynk will follow through soon as well.

signates

Executive Member
My £800 lastminute.com charge back was finally settled today for flights that was cancelled in March due to the pandemic. Just in time for any black Friday deals. Lastminute.com really handled the refund fallout badly. Their twitter feed is overflowing with complaints.

Hoping to add one more 3.5kWh pylontech to my bank.

vassen

My £800 lastminute.com charge back was finally settled today for flights that was cancelled in March due to the pandemic. Just in time for any black Friday deals. Lastminute.com really handled the refund fallout badly. Their twitter feed is overflowing with complaints.

Hoping to add one more 3.5kWh pylontech to my bank.
Same here. Please advise if you find any good deal.
My sars refund is going to fund mine. :ROFL:

Chloe_r1

The support for these batteries seem to be very good if I read the comments there. Don't get me wrong Pylontech's are great but lately their prices seem to just go up not down and you'll need 2 Pylontech's to match 1 of these... so really good value for money.

vassen

The support for these batteries seem to be very good if I read the comments there. Don't get me wrong Pylontech's are great but lately their prices seem to just go up not down and you'll need 2 Pylontech's to match 1 of these... so really good value for money.
R18147 inc vat for us3000c from gc solar after a bit of hassling.
BSL battery is around R4281 per khw
Pylon works out to R5148 per kWh.

signates

Executive Member
Anyone with the Deye or Sunsynk inverters (eg https://www.deyeinverter.com/product/storage-inverter/hybrid-inverter/sun-3-6-5kw-2.html) found a use case for the ethernet ports inside?

Trying to see if there's a way to get the data faster than the Solarman App that gets sent with that logger, as that only updates like once every 5 - 10mins.
I have the Modbus information from sunsynk. You could setup a Raspberry Pi to read the data.

I'm not into any programming so waiting on anyone else that can set it up and just pay then for a plug and play solution.