Generator or Inverter for residential use?

Vuilhaas

I don't know those guys. Sustainable I know reply to queries promptly.

A bit more expensive, but you know exactly what you are getting here - https://www.sustainable.co.za/sustainable-co-za-solar-power-kit-seven-1kwh.html
Thanks for the link. Yes I know sustainable VERY well. I spend an unhealthy amount of time browsing there haha.

That is nice but a bit too much for now. For the time being, I'd like something that's plug and play just to tide us over until we can afford a proper system. You get those Mecer and Ellies "long run ups" systems but they are modified sine wave.

Geewiz does have a pure sine wave option too:

https://www.geewiz.co.za/long-run-ups-inverter-battery/108831-axpert-type-pure-sine-3000va-inverter-2x-100ah-battery-8-hour-battery-life-kit-3000w-50a-solar.html

Splinter

Honorary Master
Ok folks. This latest breaking announcement has broken my restraint.

I'm willing to spend R20k to R30k.

Please build me a decent set up.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Ok folks. This latest breaking announcement has broken my restraint.

I'm willing to spend R20k to R30k.

Please build me a decent set up.
very little info, but

3kva axpert, 2.4kW pylontech.

Splinter

Honorary Master
very little info, but
Ok - I don't want to run an aircon. :)

A large OLED flat screen, some lights, the pc, the fibre, the DSTV, the router and a bit of capacity. Plus I don't want to install myself. Need a professional to install a professional set-up.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Ok - I don't want to run an aircon. :)

A large OLED flat screen, some lights, the pc, the fibre, the DSTV, the router and a bit of capacity. Plus I don't want to install myself. Need a professional to install a professional set-up.
that is why i didn't go overboard and left some room for electrician fee's :p

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
@Splinter this will give you 5k overhead in your budget for the install and you will have room to upgrade.

you will run what you want plus some lights and have some room to add batteries, load and more batt's later if you want.

saflyfish

Is it better to run 4 x 200ah batteries or 8 x 100ah batteries?Does it make any difference since output is the same?

Tun@

Expert Member
Selling my Victron MultiPlus II 48V / 3000VA if anyone's looking for one - (15k - 1 year old)

saflyfish

Can an Axpert 5kva inverter be installed in a cupboard or does it have to be open air?

saflyfish

Getting my new inverter system installed in two weeks...how loud is it,when running?I assume the buzz/noise comes from the inverter and not the batteries...I guess noise is subjective