Generator or Inverter for residential use?

Saba'a

Executive Member
Yeah, this is of the older meters (and it is the same meter I have). AFAIK this does not roll back.

I was hoping to get a picture of the new prepaid meters City of T is installing (the Hexing).
Here it is
7dfd73fb2a8d1f48688aafc250ee892b.jpg

Saba'a

Executive Member
Thanks. Not much in there about blocking solar users specifically, so I always wonder where the rumours come from.
You not blocked per se but will have to feedback/sell at a low rate as you cant reverse i.e. feedback at cost you pay.

Also I understand that some meters trip if you feedback.

Article is about prepaid meters. Mine is not a prepaid to my knowledge.

ebendl

Expert Member
You not blocked per se but will have to feedback/sell at a low rate as you cant reverse i.e. feedback at cost you pay.

Also I understand that some meters trip if you feedback.

Article is about prepaid meters. Mine is not a prepaid to my knowledge.
ah ok, I knew rumours about the city installing more prepaid meters and naturally assumed that you were moved to a prepaid meter now.

It doesn't help that Hexing seems to make prepaid meters which is used by Tshwane and also starts with HXE12 -- http://www.prepaidmeters4u.co.za/Meters/HXE12

Sorry!

wtg

does having a sunsynk inverter provide for surge protection for everything it powers?

wtg

It states in the manual to install surge protection on the incoming, so I don't think so.
Hmmm, surge protection for incoming power from panels and from grid??
Hoping that the outgoing at least has surge protection then

signates

Executive Member
Logged into the inverter today from work to check pv production and was surprised by the sudden drop off as its different to cloud cover that has huge spikes as the clouds come in.

Turns out the fallout from the Franschhoek fires are spreading over the helderberg area. Info from the area is that the fire is threatening to cross into lourensford.

Hopefully they manage to get out under control and there is no danger to any property.

Got home and this what the situation is currently. Screenshot_20210226-172938_SOLARMAN%20Smart.jpg 20210226_172522.jpg

haroldj

just partially installed a sofar 6kw inverter with 3.6 kw dyness battery, why I say partially, because the installers cannot seem to get battery to charge, help?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
just partially installed a sofar 6kw inverter with 3.6 kw dyness battery, why I say partially, because the installers cannot seem to get battery to charge, help?
Does the battery need charging?

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Hmmm, surge protection for incoming power from panels and from grid??
Hoping that the outgoing at least has surge protection then
The heart of the Sunsynk inverter is a UPS, why wouldn't it?

haroldj

Does the battery need charging?
Basically the inverter does not recognise the battery, even after the firmware update, no matter what changes that they did it refuses to charge the battery, they have left it to the Chinese to try and solve the situation, through the online portal, hope it works.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Basically the inverter does not recognise the battery, even after the firmware update, no matter what changes that they did it refuses to charge the battery, they have left it to the Chinese to try and solve the situation, through the online portal, hope it works.
How familiar are you with the inverter settings? Maybe you can do a better job than the installer? What setting is the battery type?