Generator or Inverter for residential use?

Vuilhaas

What do you guys make of this quote? They seem to have a high mark-up on the components as I've seen the panels and inverter much cheaper online:

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_180137.jpg
    IMG_20210720_180137.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 78

furpile

Expert Member
What do you guys make of this quote? They seem to have a high mark-up on the components as I've seen the panels and inverter much cheaper online:
I am also wary of people quoting you a price on components that is close to retail price, then adding VAT on top of that at the end of the quote. Meaning that they score the extra VAT as well. Then you can rather buy the components yourself and have them just install.

AchmatK

Executive Member
Since interesting new videos from sunsynk.

Not sure these pay as you go systems will be sold here but it looks interesting.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Since interesting new videos from sunsynk.

Not sure these pay as you go systems will be sold here but it looks interesting.

The Powerbanks are definitely destined for Africa. Not sure if the credit financing model will work or not, I have my doubts, but the kit seems quite robust.

Vuilhaas

I'm more concerned that your 5kW inverter can only use 1.75kW out of one pylontech. Rather look at 1 x hubble am-2?
Sorry, please explain what you mean by that? I do like the Hubble batteries so will ask them if they can quote on them
I am also wary of people quoting you a price on components that is close to retail price, then adding VAT on top of that at the end of the quote. Meaning that they score the extra VAT as well. Then you can rather buy the components yourself and have them just install.
Ya I was thinking of doing that, or asking them to price-match
I paid R19k for my Deye Inverter and R2319 each for my 455W panels
Good price. Was that the price you paid to an installer or did you buy the components yourself?

ADrunkTeddyBear

Sorry, please explain what you mean by that? I do like the Hubble batteries so will ask them if they can quote on them

Ya I was thinking of doing that, or asking them to price-match

Good price. Was that the price you paid to an installer or did you buy the components yourself?
Bought everything myself. Panels + Inverter + Wiring + Conduits + other bits and bobs to bring my current house up to CoC Standard (like each AC units needs its own breaker etc). Paid R8k for installation with COC

Vuilhaas

Bought everything myself. Panels + Inverter + Wiring + Conduits + other bits and bobs to bring my current house up to CoC Standard (like each AC units needs its own breaker etc). Paid R8k for installation with COC
That's probably the best way to go. This is the first formal quote I've received and was quite surprised at the markup.

ADrunkTeddyBear

That's probably the best way to go. This is the first formal quote I've received and was quite surprised at the markup.
You can ask for a quote from my company, we are suppliers of solar products as well.

weable.co.za

Please note that I work with data and development, im not the salesman or support lol

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Any pics? You know we all love pics. It's a prerequisite for your Sunsynk club membership, we will overlook your lack of SABC TV license, but pics are very important.

RonSwanson

Executive Member

AchmatK

Executive Member
The recommended discharge current for the pylons is 37 but I don’t see that figure for the Hubble ?
It's actually the limit imposed by the BMS. You can't set it higher than 37A. When I pulled even 1A over the 37A limit, the BMS would shut the battery down.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
The recommended discharge current for the pylons is 37 but I don’t see that figure for the Hubble ?
Continuous output would be the same I guess, so 100A vs 37A. Hubble is a 1C battery so it can drain the full 5.5kWh in 1 hour giving it an output of 5.5kW, whereas pylontech is 0.5C so the 3.5kWh will take 2 hours to drain @ 1.75kW (3.5 x 0.5).