Generator or Inverter for residential use?

Vuilhaas

Just completed my solar installation about 5 days ago.

Deye 8kwh inverter, 14x415w panels, 2x5.1kwh revov batteries.

everything connected except geysers and oven. So far so good. Happy days. View attachment 1115334 View attachment 1115340
Very nice!

I know you will be asked by everyone so I will ask on all of our behalves... May we please have pictures of the full installation? :D

(We're a very visual bunch)

neetz108

Nice

What was the total cost? I know prices have dropped since I bought my equipment a year ago but yours is very similar to mine so very interested in what it set you back.
The entire project including installation and CoC was around R150k. Worthwhile investment in my view.

At a later stage I might add additional batteries and panels though for now I'm practically offgrid.

Initially I had the Geysers connected as a test and managed to get thru a full day but batteries took a serious beating.

RonSwanson

Executive Member

A present for you, to deal with that chimney.
iu

AchmatK

Executive Member
The entire project including installation and CoC was around R150k. Worthwhile investment in my view.

At a later stage I might add additional batteries and panels though for now I'm practically offgrid.

Initially I had the Geysers connected as a test and managed to get thru a full day but batteries took a serious beating.
Very good pricing. 25% cheaper than mine. 8kw sunsynk, 28 x 305w panels and 9.5kwh of pylontech batteries set me back R200k including installation.

Added another pylontech battery and 6 more panels in the last 6 months taking my total to R230k.

Will only be adding batteries to be able to get me through some bad solar days and eventually a wind turbine on the aux input.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Yep proper warning signs etc. Its the little details that count. Even the batteries have a designer look.

What are those 3 items on roof?

How much did the PV panels cost incl installation. I was ready to buy the panels last but the installation costs caught me out. Wasn't in my budget. Or rather the installation/mounting equipment as I had only budgeted for installation labour.
dabae5cbae057965ed8d316da4dae605.jpg

neetz108

Yep proper warning signs etc. Its the little details that count. Even the batteries have a designer look.

What are those 3 items on roof?

How much did the PV panels cost incl installation. I was ready to buy the panels last but the installation costs caught me out. Wasn't in my budget. Or rather the installation/mounting equipment as I had only budgeted for installation labour.
dabae5cbae057965ed8d316da4dae605.jpg
This is my primary suntank solar geyser panels. The 300l geyser tank sits behind those panels. It's a bit of an older model so my next project is replacing these at some point.

I also have another geyser sitting opposite that supplying guest and other sections of the house. That one is a smaller 200l which is connected to solar for emergency purposes.

neetz108

Reasonable pricing and good system.

4941d6aa1d347c2cc7eca4bdaf0268f7.jpg
Their pricing is very reasonable. My initial choice for inverter was Sunsynk but they had some stock issues so went with Deye and wasn't prepared to wait another few weeks.

Between Deye and Sunsynk there isn't much of a difference at all from what they've explained. Deye is actually a Sunsynk packaged in different branding and firmware. Warranties are exactly the same as Sunsynk.

From a cost perspective it was slightly cheaper which I used to offset with extra solar panels. So all in all I was satisfied.

Time will tell with Deye but have no doubt that it performs exactly the same as Sunsynk. So far so good.