George Floyd death

Status
Not open for further replies.

truman19

If you cannot protect the things with which you disagree, the mob will come for those things which you agree with. It's the same with free speech.

How does that work exactly? Would you protect an isis flag or a statue of bin laden?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I think Darwin should. I think Churchill should be commemorated and he had some awful views on race. But I also think his views should be held up and scrutinized honestly, and maybe our view of him should be caveated and not quite so lionized.

But really, I know there's lots of individuals who can fall on this list. I'm not for destroying all statues. But certain individuals - like Colston or Rhodes - yeah, chuck them into the ocean for all I care.

You can't pick and choose like that :rolleyes: Either all racist go or none go. You can't pick the ones you like and have them remain that is just idiotic based on personal bias. Everyone will pick a different person.

cerebus

Honorary Master
You can't pick and choose like that :rolleyes: Either all racist go or none go. You can't pick the ones you like and have them remain that is just idiotic based on personal bias. Everyone will pick a different person.

Of course you need to pick and choose, don't be daft.

access

Honorary Master
I don't know if he lied? What evidence do you have?

This is what you said -

I mentioned Boudicia, founding fathers of America, Communism in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Where has BLM toppled any statues of Boudicia, the founding fathers of America or Stalin Statues in Poland and Czech Republic? Care to share any links here?

is this the virtual version of no-platforming. respond with rubbish. your reasoning seems a bit... off(to be kind). too much radiation.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Not on personal preference you don't.

I dislike racist Darwin so I say do away with that racists statue. See. Simple.

I didn't say it should be based on personal preference, quite the opposite. But I was asked my opinion about two men

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
Just what you'd expect from the racist Orange Dotard.

Trump defends police before signing executive action

200616122341-02-trump-presser-0616-large-tease.jpg

After weeks of nationwide protests calling for bold action, the President signs a muted attempt at reform that fails to address the systemic racism of policing

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Did you even read your own article?

Of course Trump isn't going to lambaste the entire US police force. He took the middle ground.
I expect the worst from CNN, but it was more rational article than usual. You out to try the same sometime, but who am I kidding, you're a rabid progressive with an unhealthy obsession with Trump. No rationality to be found.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
Atlanta Police Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Had Past Reprimand For Use Of Force
Records show Garrett Rolfe received a written reprimand in October 2017 for a firearm incident the year before.

5ee904f5220000f52782ab8e.jpeg

The former Atlanta police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks last week was previously reprimanded for use of force involving a firearm, according to records released to Reuters by the city’s police department on Tuesday.

The records show Garrett Rolfe received a written reprimand in October 2017 for a firearm incident in September 2016, his sole use-of-force complaint in seven years on the force prior to Friday’s shooting. No further details were disclosed.

Rolfe was fired from the department after the shooting in the parking lot of a Wendy’s fast-food restaurant, which was captured by body and surveillance cameras. A second officer at the scene, Devin Brosnan, who is also white, was placed on administrative duty.

The death of 27-year-old Brooks, which came after he tussled with Rolfe and Brosnan and took off running with one of their Taser guns, was the latest killing of a black man to spark nationwide outrage at police brutality and racial injustice.

An autopsy conducted on Sunday showed that Brooks died from blood loss and organ injuries and ruled the death a homicide.

5ee5ab4e3ad8611b793407f3

ForceFate

Honorary Master
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order introducing several police reforms while rejecting calls to defund or dismantle the police.

His order offers federal grants to improve police practices, including creating a database to trace abuses by officers.

The order comes amid anger over the killing of African Americans by police officers.

Emjay

Honorary Master

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Atlanta Police Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Had Past Reprimand For Use Of Force
Records show Garrett Rolfe received a written reprimand in October 2017 for a firearm incident the year before.

5ee904f5220000f52782ab8e.jpeg

The former Atlanta police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks last week was previously reprimanded for use of force involving a firearm, according to records released to Reuters by the city’s police department on Tuesday.

The records show Garrett Rolfe received a written reprimand in October 2017 for a firearm incident in September 2016, his sole use-of-force complaint in seven years on the force prior to Friday’s shooting. No further details were disclosed.

Rolfe was fired from the department after the shooting in the parking lot of a Wendy’s fast-food restaurant, which was captured by body and surveillance cameras. A second officer at the scene, Devin Brosnan, who is also white, was placed on administrative duty.

The death of 27-year-old Brooks, which came after he tussled with Rolfe and Brosnan and took off running with one of their Taser guns, was the latest killing of a black man to spark nationwide outrage at police brutality and racial injustice.

An autopsy conducted on Sunday showed that Brooks died from blood loss and organ injuries and ruled the death a homicide.

5ee5ab4e3ad8611b793407f3
not relevant , Rayshard got shot because he tried to kill officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.