George Floyd death

Status
Not open for further replies.

yebocan

Honorary Master
As much as I hate agreeing with the resident broederbonders, I just watched that video, that guy brought it on himself. He knows these US cops are trigger happy brain dead fools, why give them a reason to shoot you?

because, as a black man in the US, you know either way, you are ****ed. Blaming victims, for the excesses of a system...sorry, you just reinforced that system.

Craig_

Honorary Master
because, as a black man in the US, you know either way, you are ****ed. Blaming victims, for the excesses of a system...sorry, you just reinforced that system.

I do not exonerate the cops from their actions at all, they should be prosecuted for causing the guys death. All I'm saying is that he should know that the odds are against him, even here in shitsville I wouldn't do that, never mind in a place as racist as the USA. All I'm saying is he should've foreseen that happening. It's like me walking up to @Flarsiep and giving him one moerse PK full well knowing he is a big guy (using him as an example as he said he is a big rugby player in another thread), and then being surprised when he flattens me.

He is still guilty of assault, but it doesn't mean I wasn't an idiot.

Cray

Honorary Master
Agreed on that, there was no need to shoot him. Also if he was sleeping in his car and not driving he could've been waiting to sober up or for someone to come fetch him, as long as he wasn't operating the vehicle the cops could've been a bit more lenient. But as per my other post it's obvious that the US cops are power drunk idiots, why not just co-operate instead of giving them reason to shoot you? For him the consequence was death, hopefully the cops will now also get the consequences of their actions.

Much as I agree that he shouldn't have been shot, I think the cops did the right thing in trying to breathalyse him

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53052077

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said officers were called out to a Wendy's drive-through restaurant in South Atlanta at approximately 22:33 local time on 12 June.

Mr Brooks had fallen asleep in his car, which was blocking customers from accessing the drive-through, the bureau said.

Devin Brosnan was the first officer on the scene. The timestamp of his bodycam indicates he arrived at 22:41.

In the footage, Mr Brosnan approaches Mr Brooks's car and knocks on the window multiple times before opening the door.

"Hey man, you're parked in the middle of the drive-through line here," Mr Brosnan says.

He fell asleep while waiting for food, there is every indication that he was driving drunk and would have driven off drunk had he not fallen asleep. The idea of him being harassed and simply trying to "sleep it off" is unlikely...

That being said, shooting someone in the back after he stole a non-lethal weapon is BS.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Yes redefining objects makes no difference, you are all 100% correct.

It's not redefined, the object is a memorial. But even so, what difference does it make? I'm really not clear what you're trying to get at.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Much as I agree that he shouldn't have been shot, I think the cops did the right thing in trying to breathalyse him

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53052077

He fell asleep while waiting for food, there is every indication that he was driving drunk and would have driven off drunk had he not fallen asleep. The idea of him being harassed and simply trying to "sleep it off" is unlikely...

That being said, shooting someone in the back after he stole a non-lethal weapon is BS.

Okay, that changes things a bit yeah, so he was driving drunk then.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Shaun just does it for the attention.

I think ponder just sometimes drinks and posts aggressively at night. :p

The drunk mind says only what the sober mind was thinking, so the reasons doesn't really matter.

buka001

Honorary Master
You keep on telling yourself that memorial is not a statue.
You are the one making it up.

It is called a memorial. Its official name is a memorial.

Nobody calls their house a collection of bricks. They call it a house.

Nobody calls the 9/11 Monument the Remnants of the Twin Towers Foundations.

ponder

Honorary Master
It's like me walking up to @Flarsiep and giving him one moerse PK full well knowing he is a big guy (using him as an example as he said he is a big rugby player in another thread), and then being surprised when he flattens me.

He is still guilty of assault, but it doesn't mean I wasn't an idiot.

How is it assault when he defends himself, if he punches you and knocks you out that's your fault. If anybody is gonna get convicted of assault it's you, you started the kuk. I would love to see that guy get convicted for assault...

I honestly don't get this mindset of blaming others, it's never your fault

Craig_

Honorary Master
How is it assault when he defends himself, if he punches you and knocks you out that's your fault. If anybody is gonna get convicted of assault it's you, you started the kuk. I would love to see that guy get convicted for assault...

I honestly don't get this mindset of blaming others, it's never your fault

I was making an example, change PK for saying jmsp or something silly, or just looking for a fight. That should've been obvious. See also the post I was responding to for context.

ponder

Honorary Master
I was making an example, change PK for saying jmsp or something silly, or just looking for a fight. That should've been obvious. See also the post I was responding to for context.

But that's not what you said, it's not obvious. Your example used physical violence.

truman19

@cerebus / @truman19, this is the inevitable outcome of your position. If there is no clear line, that line does not exist at all.

You still haven't answered my question..... would you protect an ISIS flag or a bin laden statue(which was erected to commemorate him)?

Status
Not open for further replies.